Progress up to now (pics)

Johnny909

I just got done with the two front doors, I will be using door screen to seal the cage all around and a more solid chicken wire on top to prevent any accident or hazard, about 4-5 more hours of work to do. I will enjoy xmas and get back on the project next week, cant wait! He is almost here!

Please dont give me heat for the lamp, trust me its the best on the market and my cage a fully support it no problemo!

John

Attachments

• DSC_0213.jpg
    DSC_0213.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC_0215.jpg
    DSC_0215.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_0214.jpg
    DSC_0214.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 107
wow everything looks good:)

except i think that uvb light might be too strong for him:eek:

a repti-sun LINEAR tube 5.0 bulb will be fine :)

It looks like its is gonna be great! The pink label repcal twice a month if that is the calcium with d3. If the blue label is the herptivite that will be used to dust the feeders twice or so a month. If you do not have calcium without d3 you will need to get some as this is the calcium you want to dust your feeders with everyday. Some of the Zilla bulbs have caused problems with chameleons eyes. If your cham starts closing his eyes when you put him in the enclsoure you will know it is the bulb. Personally I would get the Reptisun 5.0 tube NONE of us EVER have any problems with this bulb..

yeah, i informed myself on this, and it was a single bad batch, could happen to anyone, i am using mega ray, here is the link http://www.reptileuv.com/megaray-sb-100-watt-flood-low-lamp.php , This will become the new trend soon you will see. Anyways, im happy everything looks cool!

well if you feel confident, then i hope it turns out well:). We cannot force you to change the uvb lighting, but only reccomend what we know works without any problems. Please keep us updated and write your observations and notes anout how your future cham will be under the light. Who knows, it might work.

BTW what sort of chameleon will you be owning?:)

That UV bulb is great, don't change it. Is it the LOW? The 100w low is the recommended one for chameleons, since they don't need the strength of the normal one, but you can use the normal and just elevate it a little I suppose. I'll soon be switching all my UV bulbs to the megarays because they really are going to be the new standard. Research says they're great.

The cage looks fantastic so far! Also, is that your garage? What a work space! I am so jealous! :D

That UV bulb is great, don't change it. Is it the LOW? The 100w low is the recommended one for chameleons, since they don't need the strength of the normal one, but you can use the normal and just elevate it a little I suppose. I'll soon be switching all my UV bulbs to the megarays because they really are going to be the new standard. Research says they're great.

The cage looks fantastic so far! Also, is that your garage? What a work space! I am so jealous! :D

really? link? =P to lazy to look -___-

Interested in MegaRay stuff. I think those guys are on to something. One thing that plagues the lighting world is decay. Replacing a 25$ bulb every six months is expensive. I think a mega ray low 100Watt lasts about 18months if I recall. I think a larger cage minimum is better for chams and as cages get larger, these bulbs come into play very quickly. If you dont like the UVB rating, then you can just increase the distance 6inches.

Has anyone had bad experiences with MegaRay specifically yet?

AH, FINALLY, yes, it is indeed the new standard, the research put into these lights is way deeper than the generic stuff you buy in petshops, everyone will be on these sooner or later. Oh and its not the low, cause I did not want it directly on the cage, it will be at about 16 inches, I am burning it in right now and got a solid 86Deg.

John

John

AH, FINALLY, yes, it is indeed the new standard, the research put into these lights is way deeper than the generic stuff you buy in petshops, everyone will be on these sooner or later.

John

hmm....might be great for a melleri enlcousure:rolleyes::cool:

hopefully this my be the light cham keepers have been waiting for:D

I don't have a single source to quote, so I can't really offer up links easily. But zoos are all using these bulbs because apartently they have a more balanced output of light, better than anything else on the market for chameleons. There are some good links on the ReptileUV site that say interesting things about the effects on UV. http://reptileuv.com/why-use-megaray.php

Quoted from another forum by a member that has done a great deal of research and talked to a lot of the reptile lighting companies:
The MegaRay bulbs from ReptileUV put out a much better and balanced spectrum of UV light. The lights are so efficient that Bob recommends using them only 6-7 hours/day 5 days/week. This is a shocking statement from the common practice of 12 hours on 7 days/week. They stated by doing blood testing that the reptiles can be so properly charged up physiologically that it takes weeks of no UVB to show an affect in their blood work. ~ Gary Alpern

I'm saving up to buy a few, but I'll be switching all my bulbs to these soon. And they double as a heat spot which means less lamps for me! yay!

I don't have a single source to quote, so I can't really offer up links easily. But zoos are all using these bulbs because apartently they have a more balanced output of light, better than anything else on the market for chameleons. There are some good links on the ReptileUV site that say interesting things about the effects on UV. http://reptileuv.com/why-use-megaray.php

Quoted from another forum by a member that has done a great deal of research and talked to a lot of the reptile lighting companies:

I'm saving up to buy a few, but I'll be switching all my bulbs to these soon. And they double as a heat spot which means less lamps for me! yay!

awsome....so it can be a heat light and uvb bulb...sounds too good to be true....the key to this bulb is the amount of distance to the screen cage , correct?

Back
Top Bottom