Votes: 297 53.1%
  • internet store

Votes: 168 30.1%
  • breed them

Votes: 89 15.9%
  • collect them

Votes: 5 0.9%

• Total voters
i breed my own mealworms and i use to breed my own crickets but that was to much work. now i gather crickets and grass hopers out of our hay feilds. or get them from a petshop if i go into town.

Breeding Dubias, Crickets, Supers, Blatta Lateralis (red riders), Discoids, and I have some 10,000 silky eggs in my fridge...though they are being stuborn :(

I just set up a cricket breeder cage and will try my luck. For now I buy baby crickets at my local small town pet shop for a dollar a dozen and get the large crickets at the gas station 25 for 90 cents. I give the guy a dollar, tell him 25 crickets, he sighs, storms off and comes back with a tiny paper bag writhing in his hands, and staples it closed. I get home, tear off the top and dump them in the cricket house. Always get 30-50 crickets a hit...for ninty cents! I love grumpy old gas station men!

I order crickets from Lazy H Bait 1000 $16 shipped. Dubia reproduce on their own. Superworms from reptile store 100 for $5. Silkworms and Hornworms from Dave @ small pet feeders. :D

feeder source

I use to buy from pet stores but now that i have so many little ones to care for I stopped making the pet store rich and started buying only worms from pet stores and i breed my own crickets. i have an establish cricket colonys so no more buying crickets. I have lots of little mouths to feed. 2.1 veiled chameleons, 16 panther chameleon eggs, 3 fat-tails, 4 leopard geckos, 8 Fancy Bearded dragons,daygecko,williamsii dwarf geck + 1 egg.2 water dragons,boa,2ball pythons,3anoles & u
http://mms.gprs.rogers.com

Crickets I breed on a small scale but I mostly get them from a local shop for fairly cheap and they have them in all sizes. I also breed my own roaches.

Crickets

I made my first online cricket purchase. I didnt know where to go so I wound up buying from Carolina Cricket. They were 14.00 for 1000 1/2 plus I got other things (FEED) + shipping. I have to say they were in good health and are still living. They started chirping not long ago so I think they will die soon. I guess they only live about 6 weeks? I am not sure. I have to say they were very healthy and had very few die, unlike when I but them from the pets shops.

Back
Top Bottom