Votes: 297 53.1%
  • internet store

Votes: 168 30.1%
  • breed them

Votes: 89 15.9%
  • collect them

Votes: 5 0.9%

• Total voters
I breed my own mealworms, so I don't order those. And I'm working on my superworm colony, so for now I do have to buy from my local petstore to use as feeders. But crickets and anything more exotic, like silkworms or butterworms, we do order from an online store. My last box of crickets came from a vendor at the Orlando show though, so I do try to buy in person if I can.

I have to drive 30min to the only shop in Cape Town that stocks feeders. I'm starting to breed my own crickets now.

I do a little bit of everything. I breed dubia and get crickets/supers from a local shop. I get my silkies and hornworms online from coastal.

I order large crickets and 1 week old crickets from a large distributer. I get in between size crickets at a local pet shop. I culture my own fruitflies, and get their supplies from a local fruitfly distributer. I catch my own occasionally.

Just picked up some butters and supers today. Hope to include supers with roaches and crix as my staples.

I order my crickets online a thousand at a time. The closest pet store is 30 min away from me and I just find it easer to have them delivered to my door.

I generally buy from the local pet store but I am planning on buying in bulk and breeding my own to save time and cost.

I used to buy crickets and superworms from a local pet shop but since my 1 year old male Veiled Chameleon has begun to refuse to eat many crickets or superworms. Now I've started to buy Butterworms from ElliotsButterworms.com and I will soon buy silworms and hornworms from Mulberry Farms.com.:)

--1.0 Veiled Chameleon "Yemi"

Online is the way I go!! Hands down, actually from many of the sponsors for this forum! That would be even before I joined this forum.:)

I have been getting them at local pet store but not your regular chain. I have a great local shop that specializes in reptiles an fish. They carry every size or cricket an carry wax,meal, super worm etc. The prices r rather good for being a store. They can also order whatever feeders you want as well. I am going to be ordering some worms online from mulberry farms though.

I have a local pet shop that gives me a great price! I just asked if i put in a standing order, would you drop your price. They said sure. I still get my silk worms and horned worms online .

I get my crickets from my local mom and pop and other feeders from Zookeeper's in Austin (30 min from here).
I get my rodents for my snakes from a friend who owns a feeder company though.

Standard Order

I have a local pet shop that gives me a great price! I just asked if i put in a standing order, would you drop your price. They said sure. I still get my silk worms and horned worms online .

Hi Curt,

It's Glenna -just wondering - since we're so close to each other - what pet store is it that you go to? If you don't mind letting me in on your little secret! :)

Back
Top Bottom