Preying Mantis as Food?

Coastal Silkworms have offered these in the past, but do not seem to have any available at the moment. I don't know of any other online stores offering them.

wont they fight? I found one once outside and fed it to my leopard geko. It was a battle to the death fun to watch the thing fight even while half of it was in his mouth. It tried to take out his eyes. I guess just make sure it not too big for him.

zinc99 said:
wont they fight? I found one once outside and fed it to my leopard geko. It was a battle to the death fun to watch the thing fight even while half of it was in his mouth. It tried to take out his eyes. I guess just make sure it not too big for him.
Mantids are fed usually when they just hatchlings.

praying mantis

Has anyone ever tried these as food for chameleons? If yes, where did you get them from?

I contacted coastal silkworms about them a week or so ago, and they said they would be getting new eggs in really soon, so keep your eyes peeled.

I've Fed mantids to my chameleons. And many species realy love them. I've feeded several species. I also tried to breed them as a feeder. But that was not realy possible. It's so much work that there was no time left for my chameleons.

When you don't have many chameleons and you also like keeping insects it's an ideal foodsource.

And I also feeded adult mantids, even hierodula grandis.

Back
Top Bottom