Preparing for my first chameleon, tips appreciated

@Traildrifterphalanx , @dshuld was telling me your story as he read it and we were both so heartbroken for you. Then when he got the part where you got V and were having a better time with him it raised our spirits back up on moving forward with getting our first cham. I know he already said this but thank you for sharing your journey.

@Katacara @Kristen Wilkins thank you so much for recommending @Matt Vanilla Gorilla to @dshuld !! He has been so helpful to us with our enclosure and of course with getting our first baby picked out :love::love::love:. I'm super excited to get blue lightning home when we finish getting his home built. Sorry to have sidetracked your thread but I wanted to say thank you to all of you :D.

I'm glad some good can come of my story. It was very very difficult, but that path did lead me to V, and I'm so happy to have him. I just wish I didn't have to experience two losses to get here.

Speaking of V, it's weigh day. His little face has been shedding the past few days, just about done.
IMAG4523.jpg IMAG4525.jpg
Up to 81g

How cute!! How old is your cat? My husband worries about how two of ours are going to react when we finally get blue lightning home. One loves to watch anything she can and the other is about a ur and 8 months and still has loads of kitten in him at times.

@Krissy83 sorry for missing the shout out you gave me, I must have over looked it. No problem for recommending @Matt Vanilla Gorilla I take every opportunity I can here on CF to make sure he gets credit for how amazing both him and his wife are, and how wonderful their chams are!! I am so happy you went with him to get struck by lightning!

How cute!! How old is your cat? My husband worries about how two of ours are going to react when we finally get blue lightning home. One loves to watch anything she can and the other is about a ur and 8 months and still has loads of kitten in him at times.
My kitty is about 8 years old and very good about all the critters. She'll sniff them, but doesn't hunt them. If she showed any sign of considering them prey, I'd never allow them together

I wish my cats where like that!! It would make life much less stressful!! I think it is because all my critters are still small though. I am hoping that they will want to "play" with them less when they get bigger. They don't actively seek them out or anything, and I have no fear they would try to get in their enclosures, but when they are roaming around the cats like to watch them intently.

Oh and a bit of bad news, my camera is broken... so I will have less pictures of Peepers to share.

I wish my cats where like that!! It would make life much less stressful!! I think it is because all my critters are still small though. I am hoping that they will want to "play" with them less when they get bigger. They don't actively seek them out or anything, and I have no fear they would try to get in their enclosures, but when they are roaming around the cats like to watch them intently.

Oh and a bit of bad news, my camera is broken... so I will have less pictures of Peepers to share.
My cat does get excited when they run on the floor, but she basically gallops after them and then just stops, like she just wants to keep up. She's never once done anything to suggest she wants to attack. She's a very good girl :) I even leave a bin of crickets open in my living room, no lid or anything, and she just leaves them alone. I've never come home to a tipped feeder bin.

And sorry peepers! We'll see you soon!
V is spoiled and bratty as usual. He doesn't seem to care about his hornworms, and it's hard to tell if he's eating them, or if they're just stuck on a plant somewhere in the enclosure. He's such a butt. I found the two I tried to feed him earlier, untouched.

What a brat you are being V!! You need to eat your hornworms!! They are good for you!!

Peppers refused hornworms when I offered them to him also. Sometimes it just takes a while for them to see it as food because they don't move to much. Once he eats one though, he should love them! Have you tried hand feeding them?

My cat does get excited when they run on the floor, but she basically gallops after them and then just stops, like she just wants to keep up. She's never once done anything to suggest she wants to attack. She's a very good girl :) I even leave a bin of crickets open in my living room, no lid or anything, and she just leaves them alone. I've never come home to a tipped feeder bin.

And sorry peepers! We'll see you soon!
V is spoiled and bratty as usual. He doesn't seem to care about his hornworms, and it's hard to tell if he's eating them, or if they're just stuck on a plant somewhere in the enclosure. He's such a butt. I found the two I tried to feed him earlier, untouched.
Septiseye was on a hornworm strike for a bit . Now it’s crickets . I have not given him worms at all because now that’s all he wants . So he’s been getting crickets . He will not eat them for me . He’s sneaky because Hubby and I went to go see his Mom and my mom stayed with Hunter and scaly babies , that little bugger ate all his crickets for grandma but refuses to eat them for me :confused:.

IMAG4555.jpg
Snuggling on my hoodie.

He's eating more plants than anything right now. Hornworms are just clinging to plants in his enclosure, crickets are sitting up top, chirping..

Back
Top Bottom