Preparing for my first chameleon, tips appreciated

He is almost 4 months right now!! I can't believe it!

He can be quite colorful when he wants to be!

I started a media album to post pictures to if you want to check out more
So he's about V's age. I wasn't given a hatch date, just that he was around 3-4 months old when he was shipped, so he's about 4-5 months now

1505353461228-446791885.jpg
Sleepy V

I was hoping I could ask for your opinion @Traildrifterphalanx? I know some pages/posts back you mentioned you used an outdoor cat tent to give your Cham some fresh air, and was wondering how you liked it and is it sturdy? I am not sure if I want to spend around $60 on that or wait until Black Friday and just get full screen enclosures for outside. Thanks!

I was hoping I could ask for your opinion @Traildrifterphalanx? I know some pages/posts back you mentioned you used an outdoor cat tent to give your Cham some fresh air, and was wondering how you liked it and is it sturdy? I am not sure if I want to spend around $60 on that or wait until Black Friday and just get full screen enclosures for outside. Thanks!
I love those tents for the bearded dragons. I only had Mamool test it out, they're very sturdy, but I think a chameleon would be very difficult to get out of it lol

I love those tents for the bearded dragons. I only had Mamool test it out, they're very sturdy, but I think a chameleon would be very difficult to get out of it lol

Great,thanks for your opinion! I am still in debate, we live in the woods of Maine and there are so many critters. I would love something that they could go out into and be ok if I have to run into the house for a few mins.

Great,thanks for your opinion! I am still in debate, we live in the woods of Maine and there are so many critters. I would love something that they could go out into and be ok if I have to run into the house for a few mins.
The tents are a lot of peace of mind.
I left my crippled dragon out in the tent for about two hours unsupervised while I was at work so she could get natural sun. I gave her shade, came home and she was content out there

I fell asleep last night before I meant to, but I weighed an angry V this morning
IMAG4319.jpg IMAG4321.jpg
48oz, feeling hefty now!
Bright white semi runny urates, and plenty of poops. More crickets arrived. He's doing very well

Didn't want to have the flash go off in his face, but he can still finger perchView attachment 190707

Awe, I loved when Barnaby could do that! V seems like a pretty calm dude. Barnaby is so chill, the minute I open his enclosure he is on my arm and in my hair in a second! I have a hard time feeding him when I am in a hurry as he is so quick and on me in no time! Though it would be much worse if he hated me, I will take the love any day:)

V is pretty calm, but he more or less just tolerates me. He isn't excited when I open the enclosure, but if I put my hand under him and give him a pat, he'll hop on.
When he's out, he's good. He'll sleep on me no problem

V is pretty calm, but he more or less just tolerates me. He isn't excited when I open the enclosure, but if I put my hand under him and give him a pat, he'll hop on.
When he's out, he's good. He'll sleep on me no problem

I would like to think he is just super excited to see me, but I am pretty sure he just likes an adventure! I have never tried having him sleep on me, I am always putting my human kids to bed when he is going to bed, I bet that is awesome though!

Back
Top Bottom