Pregnant?

The sand goes in the egg bin.

Good that you removed the male from her cage.
She shouldn't be able to see the male...so if she can you need to make it so she can't.

Some signs of eggbinding... Lethargy, sitting low in the cage, eyes shut during the day, ghost laying, etc. By the time you are seeing these signs though, it can be too late to save her.

The sand goes in the egg bin.

Good that you removed the male from her cage.
She shouldn't be able to see the male...so if she can you need to make it so she can't.

Some signs of eggbinding... Lethargy, sitting low in the cage, eyes shut during the day, ghost laying, etc. By the time you are seeing these signs though, it can be too late to save her.
I took her to the vet yesterday amd they said shes wasnt egg bound but needed calcium and injected her with it. This morning i woke up and she was burried in hole laying!

she laid all day and not covered the whole up and was climbing up slowly. I fed her a wax worm (sh would eat more). Humidified the place a lot with warm water and leave her to rest as she looks like she has a few eggs left. Is that possible? To lay over several days
Thanks a lot for all the help

I don't know how the vet can say she's not eggbound. Nobody I know of can tell that by looking at a chameleon. Did he do tests to determine that?

They lay all the eggs at once... not in sessions. They fill the hole in and tamp the soil down too. Are you sure there are eggs in the hole?

I don't know how the vet can say she's not eggbound. Nobody I know of can tell that by looking at a chameleon. Did he do tests to determine that?

They lay all the eggs at once... not in sessions. They fill the hole in and tamp the soil down too. Are you sure there are eggs in the hole?
I am not sure but she was sitting in it for most od the day and then closed the hole completely. She is looking a lot less fat, maybe half her size from yesterday. I only still notice lumps around her belly so presume she still has eggs? Maybe it is the deformed body?

Did the vet do tests to prove she wasn't eggbound?

Did you dig the hole up to incubate them. Since the two shared a cage they are likely ...almost certainly ...going to be fertile and should be in an incubator. If you dig them up now, you need to not turn them as you move them to the egg incubating container.

Did the vet do tests to prove she wasn't eggbound?

Did you dig the hole up to incubate them. Since the two shared a cage they are likely ...almost certainly ...going to be fertile and should be in an incubator. If you dig them up now, you need to not turn them as you move them to the egg incubating container.
I am not sure what they did as i wasnt allowed in due to covid. I waited in the car for 1h.
I didn’t dig a whole, she did. I have also not touched the enclosure as she is still gravid.
She is walking around today at the bottom of the enclosure. I have an appointment again at the vet in a few hours for xrays.
I won’t keep the eggs, not planning on having them hatch

Even if you aren't keeping the eggs, it would be good to know if she laid them or if she ghost laid or how many she laid. All of this information will help you/us to determine if she's eggbound or needs to have her husbandry changed so she won't lay large clutches.

I always hate to see eggs wasted...but that's just me.

Glad you're taking her for X-rays ...it will tell if she still has eggs inside her.

Even if you aren't keeping the eggs, it would be good to know if she laid them or if she ghost laid or how many she laid. All of this information will help you/us to determine if she's eggbound or needs to have her husbandry changed so she won't lay large clutches.

I always hate to see eggs wasted...but that's just me.

Glad you're taking her for X-rays ...it will tell if she still has eggs inside her.
I got her to the vet and they told me they couldnt find a heart best but was still breathing. She is on her way out but thrre might be a slim chance. I asked them to still go ahead with fluid injection and keeping her overnight.

is this possible? Breathing but no heart beat? She was walking and climbing today. On the drive to the vet she was moving though her eyes were closed.

I don't know if it's actual breathing but it can look like that. It's nerves that are slow to die that do it.
yes she passed, it is very sad.

I will incubate her eggs and have them hatch. i do have an incubator in the lab that is always on at 37 degrees, 80% humidity and 5% CO2. is that good? i don't want them to rot

I have always incubated mine in a homemade incubator where the egg laying containers are not in a closed in space ...so the temperature could fluctuate at times, but they would usually be at 74F for the most part because it was in the basement and the house temperature there remained more constant. BTW I have no airconditioning.

Hello,

i have looked at the eggs now after almost 6 months and they look a lot bigger!
There were 22 eggs at first and now i can only see about 16 and some small insects walking around the rotten eggs.
Temp is 74 constant.

what should i do? Do they look ok to you???

thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 74
Back