Pregnant Veiled Chameleon help!

My Veiled chameleon is 8-9 1/2 months old and is having her first clutch. She's showing all the signs and has the gravid marks. The only thing is that she's been like this for at least two weeks now and I'm wondering if she's not laying because she's eggbound?? I've provided her a laying bin, I put a pillow sheet over her cage so she can have privacy but nothing. Is she just not ready to lay yet or should I take her to the vet??

Last edited:
If she has a lay bin in her cage and you've provided proper husbandry things should go well. It takes time to produce the eggs. How long has she had the colors? I assume she wasn't bred?
Please post a recent photo.
What substrate do you have in the lay bin? How big is it? Is it opaque?
If you answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread at the top of the health forum we can also make sure your husbandrybis good.

If she has a lay bin in her cage and you've provided proper husbandry things should go well. It takes time to produce the eggs. How long has she had the colors? I assume she wasn't bred?
Please post a recent photo.
What substrate do you have in the lay bin? How big is it? Is it opaque?
If you answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread at the top of the health forum we can also make sure your husbandrybis good.

Okay so here's my setup for now while she's going to lay the eggs, this isn't her permanent cage she's had. The bin is fairly large and deep. And I use ecoearth for the substrate. The black pillow case over the cage is so she can have her privacy. She's been like this for around two weeks now. That picture of her I just took today. No she wasn't bred.

Attachments

• IMG_20170307_222703.jpg
    IMG_20170307_222703.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20170307_222453.jpg
    IMG_20170307_222453.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20170307_222501.jpg
    IMG_20170307_222501.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20170307_222425.jpg
    IMG_20170307_222425.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 106
If she is still eating she probably isn't ready to lay. My female lays usually a day or 2 after she stops eating. If you come in and see her I the bin just leave her alone that day

I think my chameleon might be pregnant to im not sure shes about 13 months and shes hasn't been eating much lately only about 3 or 4 crickets not to sure what to think. should I use some playing sand ? for the laying bin? if so what kind if you can post a link.

Ivypanther...post a recent photo please.
She should have had a laying bin in there a few months ago.
I use a type of sandbox sand produced by Kings. It comes in a white bag with red, blue and yellow sand toys on it.
The egg laying bin should be opaque...and at least 12" deep x 8" x 8" filled almost full of slightly moistened washed playsand.

Back
Top Bottom