Pregnant Jacksonii Jacksonii

Nicrenee

Happy Friday everyone!

So after having Jewel for a week now, I’ve gotten to see her in her more relaxed states and realized she seems pregnant for sure, not just puffed up lol. Anyone have educated guesses on how pregnant she might be? I read they are pregnant 7-9 months? She seems bigger by the day and I’m thinking she must be close to term?
Thanks!
Nicole

Attachments

• 44712E82-1871-49ED-BF87-6F02CCAFBB43.jpeg
    44712E82-1871-49ED-BF87-6F02CCAFBB43.jpeg
    230.2 KB · Views: 137
  • CEF2A0B6-3790-4265-B90D-A8D5E63EC961.jpeg
    CEF2A0B6-3790-4265-B90D-A8D5E63EC961.jpeg
    240.3 KB · Views: 144
  • DF56A0DD-1C2B-46DD-B21F-48D373277C33.jpeg
    DF56A0DD-1C2B-46DD-B21F-48D373277C33.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 140
I dont have any experience on this but wow! She does look like she's due soon. Make sure you have everything ready for the live babies just in case! She's so beautiful too

I'll tell you this I just gave my litter of Jackson babies that were 6 months old to my favorite reptile shop. They've had them for about 2 months now and one of the females I gave them just had a litter of 17 babies. That means that prior to me separating the boys and the girls when they were approximately 3 months old that two of them did the nasty and a female got pregnant. Soooooooooooo, that may give you some idea, hopefully.

That's one of the largest pregnant T.j jacksonii I have ever seen. I have no experience either. But @JacksJill does.

Out of curiosity, how much are you feeding her? (Never mind, I see you've only had her a week).
The pet store was feeding her every other day. I’ve been offering food to her most days just because it seems she doesn’t eat much at a time, especially the last couple days… probably can’t she’s so full lol.

Thanks! She is still eating but the last two evenings (when I’m home after work, not sure exactly what she’s doing all day) she started hanging vertically on the side of the screen near the bottom half close to the tops of the pots her plants are in. She then sleeps on her slanted vines (temporary enclosure… working on a new one for her) head facing down. I’ve had her for such a short time it’s impossible for me to know what’s usual for her, what’s her acclimating, and what’s possibly pregnancy symptoms. I check for babies every morning and evening, and afternoon if I’m home, lol. Hoping for live happy healthy babies! Can I ask… is it normal to lose a couple or should they all live if you’re caring for the babies correctly. Just so I have a realistic response if any of them don’t make it. I don’t know how she’s been cared for until a week and a half ago.

thankyou!

From what I've heard, it is still normal to lose a few. To optimize your chances, you need to have cold nighttime drops well into the low 60s and preferably the 50s. Babies seem to need this temperature drop even more so than adults.

For your specific situation, it's even tougher because you just got her a week ago. In a perfect world, you would receive a nongravid female and get accustomed to her and really refine your T. jacksonii care parameters. Then once you feel confident, you would breed her. But unfortunately, breeders and vendors don't care for such formalities. Whatever happens, keep us in the loop. We will try to help you out as much as possible. But really try to get a cold nighttime drop. It seems to make them more resilient. I have faith in you!

@Kaizen had a clutch sometime ago where every single baby survived. It was quite the accomplishment.

Happy Friday everyone!

So after having Jewel for a week now, I’ve gotten to see her in her more relaxed states and realized she seems pregnant for sure, not just puffed up lol. Anyone have educated guesses on how pregnant she might be? I read they are pregnant 7-9 months? She seems bigger by the day and I’m thinking she must be close to term?
Thanks!
Nicole
Rory Reid GIF by AutoTraderUK

Also I'm pretty sure I might see an exo Terra vine. They are not the best for chams they can get in their eyes and itratate them

From what I've heard, it is still normal to lose a few. To optimize your chances, you need to have cold nighttime drops well into the low 60s and preferably the 50s. Babies seem to need this temperature drop even more so than adults.

For your specific situation, it's even tougher because you just got her a week ago. In a perfect world, you would receive a nongravid female and get accustomed to her and really refine your T. jacksonii care parameters. Then once you feel confident, you would breed her. But unfortunately, breeders and vendors don't care for such formalities. Whatever happens, keep us in the loop. We will try to help you out as much as possible. But really try to get a cold nighttime drop. It seems to make them more resilient. I have faith in you!

@Kaizen had a clutch sometime ago where every single baby survived. It was quite the accomplishment.
Thanks! Any ideas on how to lower temps at night are welcomed. I live gulf coast central Florida so cracking a window at night is not an option. I am currently lowering the air conditioning to 70 at night and keep it about 74 during the day. I just got a “mini air conditioner” that is basically a fan you put ice in that’s supposed to blow cool humid air and was hoping perhaps that will lower the temperature a little more at night? Going to test it today. Unless you know a reason this could be bad? Thanks for all the help!

Also I'm pretty sure I might see an exo Terra vine. They are not the best for chams they can get in their eyes and itratate them
I have learned since getting her that they are not ideal. She will be in a new set up in about two weeks after I move and I plan to just have natural branches in that set up. 🙂 Thankyou

Back
Top Bottom