Pregnant female

Mbalicki1030

Hey guys! So my female veiled is pregnant for the second time and it’s going on almost four months of her not laying i know it’s usually between every 90 to 120 days but I’m getting concerned she’s been digging around in her bin but comes right back out. She’s very restless and constantly trying to get out of her cage. I would appreciate any suggestions ! Thank you

Are you saying shes been gravid for 4 months, or its been 4 months since shes laid eggs last? Gestation is usually 30-40 days so i doubt your chameleon has been gravid for 4 months. That being said, has she stopped eating is she lumpy? If shes stopped eating entirely and wont use the lay bin in her enclosure, then i recommend filling up a full sized garbage can with 12-14 of play sand moist enough so you can dig a tunnel. I use 6 parts play sand to 1 part soil. place afew branches and fake plants in there with her, just afew tho do not make it crowded. Place her in there as well as her uvb light on top and let her be. Another tip would be to partially dig a tunnel so she a might use it as a reference point to start her tunnel.

Are you saying shes been gravid for 4 months, or its been 4 months since shes laid eggs last? Gestation is usually 30-40 days so i doubt your chameleon has been gravid for 4 months. That being said, has she stopped eating is she lumpy? If shes stopped eating entirely and wont use the lay bin in her enclosure, then i recommend filling up a full sized garbage can with 12-14 of play sand moist enough so you can dig a tunnel. I use 6 parts play sand to 1 part soil. place afew branches and fake plants in there with her, just afew tho do not make it crowded. Place her in there as well as her uvb light on top and let her be. Another tip would be to partially dig a tunnel so she a might use it as a reference point to start her tunnel.
She has not laid eggs in four months that’s why i was getting nervous because i thought it was ever three months, but she’s not lumpy yet she is chubby looking to me. And she has been drinking and eating. Thank you i will try that!

Every pregnancy is different, your fine. Does she have a permanent lay bin in her viv or are you trying to time it? Is there a privacy curtain around her viv? Pics?

They do not lay every 3 months. They can lay every 3 months but developing infertile clutches can be at random times. I would only advise the technique i listed above if she has stopped eating and is not using her lay bin in her enclosure. Your chameleon may not be gravid at all. If you are certain your chameleon is gravid with an infertile clutch, lower her temps by afew degrees and feed abit less so she will develop a smaller clutch and its easier on her health. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom