Preferred breeding time?

Elih11

Hi! First time breeder, and I'm trying to mate my male Ambilobe panther (abt. 1.5 yrs old) with my female Ambilobe (abt 1 yr old), as she seems to be receptive to him and doesn't show any aggression when had put them together. He was interested in her the first time i introduced them (week ago), after leaving him in her cage for about one and a half hours he was no longer chasing her and they weren't together in any way, so they were separated. It's been a week, and she is still showing receptive colors to him and doesn't seem gravid, so i'm unsure if it was a successful mating. Recently he hasn't taken much interest in her, he might puff up when he sees her but when they are put together he doesn't chase after her. Usually I have a routine where I take them out for morning sun, and put them back a little bit later. He usually seems to drop a sperm plug (as well as everything else) while hes out in the sun. I don't know weather he would still be willing, or even able to breed after dropping what i presume to be a sperm plug? Should I introduce them before I take them out for sun, or possibly later in the day? Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom