Power outages and chameleons

Hannah04

Hi guys!
I've had my chameleons about a year (well one a year, one about six months) and have been lucky **knock on wood** not to have run into anything major for storms or power outages. However in Nova Scotia on Wednesday we are supposed to be getting a big storm! People are saying it is predicted that everything in NS could be shut down for 72 hours.

I have NO idea what to do if the power goes out. Can anyone help me? Please! :)

Any advice, a list of supplies, whatever you have to tell me that might help!

Thanks!
Hannah

You can make yourself a power outage box. Go to walmart and get yourself a Styrofoam cooler and a flashlight if you don't have one, cut a hole in the top to snugly wedge the flashlight in for 'daylight' cycles and wrap a dishtowel around it to make sure heat doesn't escape from the light hole. If the cooler isn't that air tight you don't have to worry about air holes but if it is put cut several around the cooler. Put some fake plants and branches in the cooler making sure they are secure, and when you mist your chameleon MAKE SURE TO USE WARM WATER AND ONLY MIST THE PLANTS! Now for heat it would really help if you could locate some of these but walmart should defiantly have the one time use heat packs. Just make sure to stock up on the one use one's and wrap them in a dish towel when you put them in the cooler with your chameleon. Also make sure to check your temps of the cooler periodically.

I would get some of uniheats. 72 hour heat packs. They have a maximum heat of 100. You can use multiple packs till you get the right heat. You could also get a generator.

Back
Top Bottom