Power outage

Rst_Cham

Chameleon Enthusiast
So, our power has been out for a few hours and according to our power company, it may not be restored for another 36 hours due to the blizzard we had in Denver yesterday. It's going to get cold in here. Any suggestions on how to keep my chameleon warm and OK? I could maybe take him to work with me tomorrow in a temporary setup, but I'm worried about tonight.

So, our power has been out for a few hours and according to our power company, it may not be restored for another 36 hours due to the blizzard we had in Denver yesterday. It's going to get cold in here. Any suggestions on how to keep my chameleon warm and OK? I could maybe take him to work with me tomorrow in a temporary setup, but I'm worried about tonight.
Thank God that storm missed us here in Pueblo! Too bad chameleon are solitary we could have a winter storm play day! Haha but on the real get a hand mister if you're using a mistking type system so be stays hydrated. If you have a gas stove you can try baking your home so too speak. Turn oven on and leave door open. You don't want to do this for long periods of time however. This was a blizzard survival tactic we used quite often in North Dakota where I originally am from. A Cham van go a few days without UVB light but not heat. It's best not to feed them during a power outage as well. Throw a blanket over his enclosure can help to. Also I've heard of people putting warm water in one of those warm waste bladders and putting their reptiles on them for short periods as well. Hope this helps. Stay warm and stay safe.

Our stove is electric. But we do have a fireplace in our living room. We've started a fire and I was thinking I would put him in a box tonight and he could sleep in the box in the living room with us? We're going to keep fire going over night.

I do have a pressure mister and have been hand misting him since my mist king obviously isn't working.

I think tomorrow I'll take him to work and set up a temp enclosure on my desk. Not ideal, but I work for the American animal hospital association so pets are allowed at work, though it's mostly dogs and cats,lol.

Thank God that storm missed us here in Pueblo! Too bad chameleon are solitary we could have a winter storm play day! Haha but on the real get a hand mister if you're using a mistking type system so be stays hydrated. If you have a gas stove you can try baking your home so too speak. Turn oven on and leave door open. You don't want to do this for long periods of time however. This was a blizzard survival tactic we used quite often in North Dakota where I originally am from. A Cham van go a few days without UVB light but not heat. It's best not to feed them during a power outage as well. Throw a blanket over his enclosure can help to. Also I've heard of people putting warm water in one of those warm waste bladders and putting their reptiles on them for short periods as well. Hope this helps. Stay warm and stay safe.

Lucky it missed you guys! I did get two days off work for it though, and my kids got two days off school. :)

Lucky it missed you guys! I did get two days off work for it though, and my kids got two days off school. :)
Haha they closed school here too for simply the wind! I can't believe what they close school for now a days! It would be - 30 and blizzarding in North Dakota and busses would only be late a couple hours haha.

Haha they closed school here too for simply the wind! I can't believe what they close school for now a days! It would be - 30 and blizzarding in North Dakota and busses would only be late a couple hours haha.
My husband said pretty much the same thing, "We NEVER got snow days in Iowa" to which I replied, "I know, right? We never got a single snow day either!" (but I was just being a smart ass since I'm from San Diego.)

Back
Top Bottom