Power outage problem

JoXie411

Chameleon Enthusiast
I feel like I see a lot of keepers freaking out when this happens, including me (y) thanks @Beman for always calming me down. Imelda just Laid eggs so d3 is important right now, lucky I had her old cage still, I took my hibiscus and put it in the cage for her it’s small but it will do for the day. My weather is a high of 80 today so I don’t need to worry to much. I had to lug Larry’s huge cage outside because I trashed his small one. I don’t advise moving a giant cage. I Regret ito_O but they look less confused now that I moved them outside 52C8EB20-5295-450E-9544-C452125A6199.jpeg 448BCEA6-08C2-40A5-AE65-0A3841F46ACC.jpeg

I feel like I see a lot of keepers freaking out when this happens, including me (y) thanks @Beman for always calming me down. Imelda just Laid eggs so d3 is important right now, lucky I had her old cage still, I took my hibiscus and put it in the cage for her it’s small but it will do for the day. My weather is a high of 80 today so I don’t need to worry to much. I had to lug Larry’s huge cage outside because I trashed his small one. I don’t advise moving a giant cage. I Regret ito_O but they look less confused now that I moved them outsideView attachment 245347View attachment 245348
:love:

It would take weeks and weeks of no uvb to cause a potential problem. Even longer if you're using d3. So no worries, good luck (y)
I think if I was in this situation my biggest worry would be stressing out my cham with the lack of lights. When I moved recently I had all of Pestos lights etc packed up and ready the night before, so when morning came and the lights didnt turn on he was visibly distressed. He was climbing all over his enclosure and found a small patch of light that came in through the window to bask in and went completely black.
So I think I would put him in a temp outdoor enclosure so he could get some light to avoid that stress. Especially if it's all day

you need to calculate the power draw, I am not sure that one is going to run much for very long. I have two Yeti 400w solar generators, which I love, but even those don't run a whole lot very long. I use one to run a portal fridge for car camping, and that draws around 35watts when the compressor is running. I'm lucky to get 6 hours out of a charge. I'm not sure how many watts are needed to run our T5 lights, but I'd be surprised if you get much run time.

you need to calculate the power draw, I am not sure that one is going to run much for very long. I have two Yeti 400w solar generators, which I love, but even those don't run a whole lot very long. I use one to run a portal fridge for car camping, and that draws around 35watts when the compressor is running. I'm lucky to get 6 hours out of a charge. I'm not sure how many watts are needed to run our T5 lights, but I'd be surprised if you get much run time.
Your a brilliant woman Natalie!

wait lets take a step back - waht exactly are you trying to run off the generator? Just a lamp to keep the room lit? I dont think they'll suffer from a day or two with no UVB but you'd obviously want ambient lighting. A regular lamp or efficient bulb will last much longer i'd think

wait lets take a step back - waht exactly are you trying to run off the generator? Just a lamp to keep the room lit? I dont think they'll suffer from a day or two with no UVB but you'd obviously want ambient lighting. A regular lamp or efficient bulb will last much longer i'd think
With Imelda on meds it’s unconventional to not have lights. My house is naturally dark and she on and off sleeping.

With Imelda on meds it’s unconventional to not have lights. My house is naturally dark and she on and off sleeping.

So what exactly do you want to run? Your T5 lights? Or can you use something more energy efficient (and likely dimmer) for a few hours? Anything other than the lgihts you need to run?

So what exactly do you want to run? Your T5 lights? Or can you use something more energy efficient (and likely dimmer) for a few hours? Anything other than the lgihts you need to run?
I would just want basking lights on. I have power outlets on all my light so when the power turns back on I can get a reading on my outup

Also tired of having to eat all the ice cream in my fridge when this happens

I would just want basking lights on. I have power outlets on all my light so when the power turns back on I can get a reading on my outup

Also tired of having to eat all the ice cream in my fridge when this happens

That sounds like a glass half full (of ice cream) to me!

Check out the wattage of your lamps/bulbs. I'd think they would draw a lot less than the t5s, but we are also using less efficient old fashioned bulbs so who knows. If your bulbs are 60w each, your draw would be 120 watt hours... so your generator would only get you about an hour of run time. I think... lol

That sounds like a glass half full (of ice cream) to me!

Check out the wattage of your lamps/bulbs. I'd think they would draw a lot less than the t5s, but we are also using less efficient old fashioned bulbs so who knows. If your bulbs are 60w each, your draw would be 120 watt hours... so your generator would only get you about an hour of run time. I think... lol
How do I steal you from your husband :love: Your so helpful!!!!!

So my power is out again for the 4 time :rolleyes: I’m over this about to drop money on a generator. My reptiles don’t deserve this

Generator Portable Power Station,NusGear 155Wh 42000mAh Camping Solar Generators Lithium Power Supply with 110V AC Outlet, 2 DC Ports, USB QC3.0, LED Flashlights for CPAP Home Camping Emergency Backup https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PVNP8JM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_XTrHDb4YSMNRQ
Do you use a herpstat?

Reason for asking, I remember when setting mine up a few weeks ago. It said that some generators can cause them to malfunction.

https://www.spyderrobotics.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=11&chapter=1

Back
Top Bottom