Power outage and more

CRYPTICCHAOS

Long story short, a tree fell on the main power line due to termites and now it's left my critters and myself in the dark. The problem is in the process of the collapse it ripped out the power box from the side of the house....

This isn't a typical power outage and I'm not sure if this will last days, dreading a week even. It's fried as well and must be replaced. How long can my chameleon go without uvb and heat? It's 80 degrees in the house currently and the air unit is off as well as water.

A power outage has happened before for 1 night due to a storm and I've been able to put her in a bird carrier and take her to my aunts house, but a couple days is really stretching it...

I don't want to stress her out.
(I also have a day gecko and 3 tarantulas.)

Attachments

• 20220801_112250.jpg
    20220801_112250.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 64
Ugggg that sucks. Well the good news is that the chameleon will be fine without UVB for a week. If temps are 80 then they can digest without issue as well. Now if temps get hotter that might be the issue you have. Since the entire cage is that hot they can not move into a cooler area if needed. I would open all curtains and let as much light in the room as possible so it does not throw her off too much being in the dark.

Ugggg that sucks. Well the good news is that the chameleon will be fine without UVB for a week. If temps are 80 then they can digest without issue as well. Now if temps get hotter that might be the issue you have. Since the entire cage is that hot they can not move into a cooler area if needed. I would open all curtains and let as much light in the room as possible so it does not throw her off too much being in the dark.
The curtain thing is unfortunately a no go, we live under all these tall pines and our house is mostly shadows in the front yard :(

It's super hot in the house currently

I brought my chameleon to my aunts house in a carrier. I have 2 carriers that I brought from an outage that happened last time. One is a bird carrier that keeps humidity really well and the other is a standard mesh type for air flow. I have her heat lamp and USB fans too.

The good news is, the tree was cut up and removed, the power box hooked back onto the wall. Just waiting on the electrician to see if he can get on the power tonight or hopefully the latest tomorrow.

The two different carriers. She's in the mesh one now with the heat lamp on one side and the USB fan on the other. The plastic bird carrier is the night one for humidity. (A little plant with her as well)

Attachments

• 16593915958475774853096278115206.jpg
    16593915958475774853096278115206.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 16593916324523380459392986528563.jpg
    16593916324523380459392986528563.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 57
About same happened to me. About three weeks ago. Top of pine tree broke off and hit line to house. Was with out power for 5 6 days. Cham were little moody without night time drop in temps. atleast that why think yhey were moody. But they back to normal now. Was very expensive to fix line and box on side of house. Also had to replace main breaker it got fried. Did have some stuff hooked up to generator that I bought. But only hooked mistking up to it left lights and uvb off.

About same happened to me. About three weeks ago. Top of pine tree broke off and hit line to house. Was with out power for 5 6 days. Cham were little moody without night time drop in temps. atleast that why think yhey were moody. But they back to normal now. Was very expensive to fix line and box on side of house. Also had to replace main breaker it got fried. Did have some stuff hooked up to generator that I bought. But only hooked mistking up to it left lights and uvb off.
I'm definitely buying a decent generator for incase there is a next time :T

Back
Top Bottom