Power out

dboddy31

Hello my 1 yr old buddy Loki lost power in his cage at our house. Don't really have anywhere to take him. Power out sense 11am. His cage is currently 68 f. He's in my truck right now heating him up. Will he be ok in his cage tonight without power.? Hasn't had much uvb today

Attachments

• IMG_0673.JPG
    IMG_0673.JPG
    223.3 KB · Views: 150
Ok thanks. I'm assuming it's gonna get into the low 60's or upper 50's tonight. No power like the rest of Michigan ! I only misted him once today. I guess I should wait till tomorrow to mist him again since it's gonna be cold tonight ?

Any hot water in your hot water heater? You could fill up a bottle and put it in his cage wrapped in a cloth so it won't burn him. If you put him in a smaller cage or pet pal or carton with the bottle of water inside you can cover it over almost completely to help keep the heat in. Leave an airhole for fresh air to breath.

Last edited:
If worse comes to worse put him in a pillow case and put him in your shirt next to your warm body...absolute last resort. Again...don't forget he needs to breath.

I am in MI also. We have had our power go in and out all day. Where abouts are you? If needed you can bring him over till you get power. Also I know couple places elsewhere if not close to me.

I probably wouldn't worry too much about putting him in with a warm water bottle, unless you are REALLY desperate. That would be a whole lot of stress on him. He seems ok with his "driving lessons". Just don't let him out of the neighborhood, yet. Lol! 50s are OK. He will just go to sleep, very deeply, and when the lights do come back on, he will probly be pretty slow to get moving again, but he should be fine. I wouldn't mist, either. Like you said it's cold enough, and he will be sleeping and won't be drinking.

Update on Loki. It down to 59 degrees in the house last night. Still no power. Just got done moving him over to mom and dads house! Power is running. Fed him some silk worms. He's happy again I hope. I just hate moving him around. Don't want to stress him out. Once power goes back on he has to go home lol. Handled him a lot yesterday and today. I hardly ever touch him. I hand feed him once in Awhile but that's about it. Thanks everyone for there advice.

I still don't have power yet lol!! My family and I are staying at my parents house. Hoping to have power back tomorrow or sooner. Coolest it got with him in the house was upper 50's.

Back
Top Bottom