Pothos!

bay1997

Established Member
Hi guys! I was wondering if anybody had any tips on keeping their chams pothos alive? The one in my dudes enclosure is in a 12 inch pot with drainage, so I figured it was big enough and established enough to handle the foot traffic and munches. But this is now the second time I’ve had to remove it to give it a break and time to grow back! I think it may be getting too much water? But I’m not sure how to lessen the blow of that because of how often the Cham needs misted.
Thanks !

Hi guys! I was wondering if anybody had any tips on keeping their chams pothos alive? The one in my dudes enclosure is in a 12 inch pot with drainage, so I figured it was big enough and established enough to handle the foot traffic and munches. But this is now the second time I’ve had to remove it to give it a break and time to grow back! I think it may be getting too much water? But I’m not sure how to lessen the blow of that because of how often the Cham needs misted.
Thanks !
Pothos should be really tolerant to moist conditions. How big is your enclosure and what light are you running for the plant?

Pothos should be really tolerant to moist conditions. How big is your enclosure and what light are you running for the plant?

It’s a 2 foot by 4 foot, and just my Chams regular lighting. Do you have a specific plant light you suggest?

I just have Jameson’s heat lamp and his T5 HO, I didn’t even think about getting a different plant light
You could get a Phillip's plant screw bulb but I find that I keep my house too cold for them to replace her basking bulb--or you could run a second linear bulb with a 6500k plant bulb.

Last edited:
You could get a Phillip's plant screw bulb but I find that I keep my house too cold for them to replace her basking bulb--or you could run a second linear bulb with a 6500k plant bulb.
Thank you! I have a couple pills dome lights, I’ll try a screw in one and see if it perks up. :)

I use 2. 4 foot fixtures t-8...3 bulbs are full spectrum 6500k 32 watt bulbs from lowes, fixture is ready to use with hood for 17.00 bulbs are a 2 pack for 10.00 uv bulb costs 30.00 uv bulb goes into light fixture with a 6500k grow bulb, all my plants grow except high light requirements like scheffellera, hibiscus, and honeysuckle, those plants will require more plant lights than what I have

I use 2. 4 foot fixtures t-8...3 bulbs are full spectrum 6500k 32 watt bulbs from lowes, fixture is ready to use with hood for 17.00 bulbs are a 2 pack for 10.00 uv bulb costs 30.00 uv bulb goes into light fixture with a 6500k grow bulb, all my plants grow except high light requirements like scheffellera, hibiscus, and honeysuckle, those plants will require more plant lights than what I have
Where can I see a pic of your setup?

82F52177-BC31-4468-8382-98521001D7D0.jpeg

The specs on that bulb are good, it's been along time since I've used a regular bulb for plants

Back
Top Bottom