Pothos Questions

bay1997

Established Member
This might be a silly question but I am always overly cautious w my pets. I have seen a lot of people say Golden Pothos is recommended for chams and have one of those in w Jameson currently. Are other varieties safe as well? I have a Silver Anne and have been thinking about moving that in as well but I don’t want to potentially harm my little guy.
The FLchams list also only sights the golden Pothos as safe

Not sure if this is useful but here is the silver Anne I was considering

Attachments

• 974AC0B9-E492-4624-89D8-9252C0DC6CC0.jpeg
    974AC0B9-E492-4624-89D8-9252C0DC6CC0.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 141
I have 2 pothos in my setup and I occasionally see my panther taking bites of leaves and have had no issues. From what I've read, they are safe. Not sure of the exact sub-species, but my leaves are all solid green.

Hey hun thought I would respond since you had not gotten additional feedback on this. The only issue with the silver pothos is they tend to be much less tolerant of getting sprayed with water especially if the water sits on their leaves for longer periods of time. The other potential issue is they do not tend to be as strong as say a marble queen or a golden pothos. The silver vines are smaller and easily breakable under the weight of a mature Male Veiled.
I have 3 different pothos, Marble queen, golden, Njoy (smaller leaves but seem to have a little stronger vines).
There is also the Neon pothos with bright vibrant almost Neon green leaves. This one is a stronger variety as well and does have sturdy vines.
:)

Hey hun thought I would respond since you had not gotten additional feedback on this. The only issue with the silver pothos is they tend to be much less tolerant of getting sprayed with water especially if the water sits on their leaves for longer periods of time. The other potential issue is they do not tend to be as strong as say a marble queen or a golden pothos. The silver vines are smaller and easily breakable under the weight of a mature Male Veiled.
I have 3 different pothos, Marble queen, golden, Njoy (smaller leaves but seem to have a little stronger vines).
There is also the Neon pothos with bright vibrant almost Neon green leaves. This one is a stronger variety as well and does have sturdy vines.
Leave it to you to have all the answers!! hehe
Thank you Becca :)

Thank goodness you came to help. I tried finding the answer and ended up falling asleep.

Back
Top Bottom