Pothos care

alara

I just got a Njoy pothos for my enclosure, and was wondering how much light they need. My golden pothos seems to do really well at the top of the enclosure and grows fast. But I have the Njoy towards the middle, and it's being shaded by other plants. Just wondering if it'll do ok there or should I move it somewhere where it gets more light?

I just got a Njoy pothos for my enclosure, and was wondering how much light they need. My golden pothos seems to do really well at the top of the enclosure and grows fast. But I have the Njoy towards the middle, and it's being shaded by other plants. Just wondering if it'll do ok there or should I move it somewhere where it gets more light?
They are not be as picky as other plants. But they do like light. I have had mine mid cage and higher and they do well. Currently have 3 different types (marble queen, Njoy, and golden) pulled out of the cage to grow out... They are sitting right below LED grow lights and are doing really well.

They are not be as picky as other plants. But they do like light. I have had mine mid cage and higher and they do well. Currently have 3 different types (marble queen, Njoy, and golden) pulled out of the cage to grow out... They are sitting right below LED grow lights and are doing really well.
Ok, because I was thinking about switching it with the wandering jew plant I have at the top. But I know that needs plenty of light to keep its color. Or maybe swap it with the golden instead? Idk lol

As much as other Pothos.

If you read a couple/few of these, you should get a good feel and confidence.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Njoy+pothos

Ok, because I was thinking about switching it with the wandering jew plant I have at the top. But I know that needs plenty of light to keep its color. Or maybe swap it with the golden instead? Idk lol
They all need similar conditions.
And, if you’re popping it in a terrarium build, terrariums and their plants are almost universally suited to this kind of indirect yet bright light.
https://terrariumtribe.com/terrarium-plants/njoy-pothos/

I have been keeping pothos the last 3 1/2 years with my chams. I have found that I literally can place them in any position in the cage and they do perfectly fine. I even used them when I did not have plant lights. I did not get as much growth but they certainly didn't die off or stop growing either.

I have been keeping pothos the last 3 1/2 years with my chams. I have found that I literally can place them in any position in the cage and they do perfectly fine. I even used them when I did not have plant lights. I did not get as much growth but they certainly didn't die off or stop growing either.
Ok cool. That was my main concern, that they would eventually die with lack of light. Like right now it just looks like a very dim light is shining on it because of how shaded it is lol so I'll leave it where it's at then. 😊

Ok cool. That was my main concern, that they would eventually die with lack of light. Like right now it just looks like a very dim light is shining on it because of how shaded it is lol so I'll leave it where it's at then. 😊
It should be fine. I would be more concerned about the wandering jew. They really prefer brighter indirect lighting.

It should be fine. I would be more concerned about the wandering jew. They really prefer brighter indirect lighting.
Hmm ok, if anything I think I have a better place for that one. That one for sure I wanna keep alive because I just love the colors 😍

Hmm ok, if anything I think I have a better place for that one. That one for sure I wanna keep alive because I just love the colors 😍
IME those are pickier plants. Pothos and draceana seem to tolerate just about anything. Hibiscus need a ton of bright light.

I think the operative word there is 'eventually'. There are a lot of things that will happen (e.g. loss of variegation) before they're hopeless, and even then they can usually be brought back.

IME those are pickier plants. Pothos and draceana seem to tolerate just about anything. Hibiscus need a ton of bright light.
I wanted a hibiscus but I don't have a strong enough plant light because I share the fixture with the uvb bulb. I thought about getting a sansi but I'd have to buy a new uvb fixture and rearrange the top of my cage. Which added up to about $200 😬 so far now I just try to choose plants carefully, that don't require very high light

I wanted a hibiscus but I don't have a strong enough plant light because I share the fixture with the uvb bulb. I thought about getting a sansi but I'd have to buy a new uvb fixture and rearrange the top of my cage. Which added up to about $200 😬 so far now I just try to choose plants carefully, that don't require very high light
How long is the UVB?
https://www.reptilebasics.com/t5-light-fixtures/t5-ho-single-bulb-light-strip-24/ ~$35
https://www.sansiled.com/products/70w-led-grow-light ~$57 (minus coupon)
That's less than $100

What am I missing? :unsure:

It's been awhile since I looked. But if I remember correctly, I think I had found a 24" fixture and 22" arcadia 6% bulb for around $70. (I think it was a kit) and I also was gonna get a new heat lamp that I can clamp to the side and angle it for better temps. With that so far was $150. And with shipping from different websites, that's probably where I got the $200 from?

But hey I like your prices better 😅 I don't think I looked on reptile basics. I tried reptile supplies, light your reptile, Josh's frogs, pangea reptile, etc lol

I also probably just didn't look well enough for the cheapest prices 🤷‍♀️

The Njoy pothos (Epipremnum aureum 'N'Joy') is a variegated variety of the golden pothos and requires similar care. Like most houseplants, Njoy pothos needs bright, indirect light to thrive.

If your Njoy pothos is being shaded by other plants, it may not be receiving enough light. You can consider moving it to a brighter location where it can get more light or supplementing its light with artificial light sources.

Aim to provide your Njoy pothos with around 6 to 8 hours of bright, indirect sunlight per day. You can also observe the plant's growth to determine if it's receiving enough light. If the leaves start to turn yellow or become sparse, it may be an indication that it needs more light. On the other hand, if the leaves start to curl or turn brown, it may be getting too much light.

Back
Top Bottom