Potential Cham?

ariez189

Established Member
I found one that is currently being rehomed. They are saying he is about 10 months. Eats around 12 crickets a day with calcium. He is housed on the porch but is given UVB lights when inside.
IMG_2805.jpeg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 10.26.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 10.26.19 PM.png
    713.7 KB · Views: 89
He looks pretty good in that photo. Do you have more photos?

Is this one that you've been looking at and talked about in another thread?

I hope others will chime in.

Please be aware that I'm not a vet and I can just tell you from what I can see.
Is he pooping properly...brin feces, almost white urates?
Eating well? I'd ask as many questions about his care as possible.

@jannb @Beman @MissSkittles @AmandaS anyone else...I can't list you all!
Weird, it didnt show me a notification that you tagged me. :unsure:

Anyway, I would ask what kind of calcium is given everyday, and what other supplements they use. And ask for a picture of his fecal if you are comfortable with that. Lol.
I think, judging by the pictures alone, he is very beautiful and appears to be healthy. Though, appearances can be tricky.
I also agree to ask as many questions as possible about his care.

Calcium everyday without d3, reptivite 2x a month, T5 arcadia bulb for uvb when not outside, fogger at night, misting several times a day for 30 second intervals plus dripper

Calcium everyday without d3, reptivite 2x a month, T5 arcadia bulb for uvb when not outside, fogger at night, misting several times a day for 30 second intervals plus dripper
Sounds good. Looks good.
You'll probably want a different missing schedule, but the rest sounds good

Sounds good. Looks good.
You'll probably want a different missing schedule, but the rest sounds good

Ok, thank you! I will probably pick him up tomorrow. Does the light set up I have look ok? The fixtures I got are a little short, but I have the Arcadia T5 HO 6% UVB bulb and the fixture to go with it. It is 24 inches. The other is a ceramic dimming bulb with a 75 watt basking light. The rest looks bare, but I will be getting live plants today.

Attachments

• IMG_0263.JPG
    IMG_0263.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 86
Yes. It looks okay for now. Eventually you will want one that is long enough. Make sure you put a branch 9 inches inner that light, and have it go the same way under the light that the light goes.

Yes. It looks okay for now. Eventually you will want one that is long enough. Make sure you put a branch 9 inches inner that light, and have it go the same way under the light that the light goes.

Great thank you! What do you suggest I put him in for the way home? Where I have to go is about an hour and 15 away.

He looks ok... Genetically he might be a petco/petsmart baby... You can tell because of his bands... See how in the image of him sleeping your only getting two distinct pale bands? That is a sign of inbreeding.. Now a lot of chams have that issue now a days due to crappy breeding programs. Beman is a petco baby and has crap genetics. Only 16 inches total length which is on the small end for a male Veiled. Here is a sleeping image of Beman where you can see the three lighter bands. https://www.chameleonforums.com/media/shhhhhhh.50075/

He looks scared to death. Poor thing. Crappy set up with fake plants. :( as long as what they told you is true then he has had the proper care. I see no visible signs of mbd or past thermal burns. Does not rule out parasites though.

As for your lighting... I would get another longer fixture. The 36 inch should work on that cage top either side to side with overhang or diagonally. buy the 34 inch 6% bulb for it. Then use the two smaller for the daylight bulbs that came with it. Your plants will love you.

Is your cage ready? It needs to gas off after sealing the wood.

And a box with a stick pushed through a few inches up from the bottom and small towel on the bottom below. Then close it up so he sleeps on the way home.

He looks ok... Genetically he might be a petco/petsmart baby... You can tell because of his bands... See how in the image of him sleeping your only getting two distinct pale bands? That is a sign of inbreeding.. Now a lot of chams have that issue now a days due to crappy breeding programs. Beman is a petco baby and has crap genetics. Only 16 inches total length which is on the small end for a male Veiled. Here is a sleeping image of Beman where you can see the three lighter bands. https://www.chameleonforums.com/media/shhhhhhh.50075/

He looks scared to death. Poor thing. Crappy set up with fake plants. :( as long as what they told you is true then he has had the proper care. I see no visible signs of mbd or past thermal burns. Does not rule out parasites though.

As for your lighting... I would get another longer fixture. The 36 inch should work on that cage top either side to side with overhang or diagonally. buy the 34 inch 6% bulb for it. Then use the two smaller for the daylight bulbs that came with it. Your plants will love you.

Is your cage ready? It needs to gas off after sealing the wood.

And a box with a stick pushed through a few inches up from the bottom and small towel on the bottom below. Then close it up so he sleeps on the way home.

I replied on the other thread and yes, the cage is ready. Cage has been sealing since Monday. I will add the brace bars and 1 side of the screen I was short on today.

So he is home and his name is officially Leon! Adjusting well and seems to enjoy his plants. He's already taken 3 bites out of a hibiscus leaf, drank water off of the leaves, and ate 3 crickets. I'll post pix as soon as he decides to not be shy :)

He is shedding currently.

Attachments

• IMG_0275.JPG
    IMG_0275.JPG
    275.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0278.JPG
    IMG_0278.JPG
    300 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom