Post shed zoomies

Amberbluefrog

Established Member
Hi guys!
I’ve had Yoshi for one month now and things are going great! He turned 7 months and just finished up his first shed with me which was super cool to watch.

Now I’m not sure what sparked it, but Yoshi now seems to have the “zoomies”. Don’t get me wrong it’s super fun to watch. He been going up and down his enclosure all day. He even climbed on me when I offered him my hand (which has never happened before). I opened his cage and he climbed out and on top of it too (under supervision and I removed his heat light from the screen so he wouldn’t burn himself).

It feels like I have a brand new lizard. Normally he was just basking all day. The only major changes was a slow shift to 7 feeders one day to 1-2 feeders the next then back to 7 the following day (trying to get it to 5 every other day gradually). Just curious if anyone else has experienced lizard zoomies 😆
DB7F60F1-E767-4CDD-AA26-43035B6B1BD6.jpeg

Hi guys!
I’ve had Yoshi for one month now and things are going great! He turned 7 months and just finished up his first shed with me which was super cool to watch.

Now I’m not sure what sparked it, but Yoshi now seems to have the “zoomies”. Don’t get me wrong it’s super fun to watch. He been going up and down his enclosure all day. He even climbed on me when I offered him my hand (which has never happened before). I opened his cage and he climbed out and on top of it too (under supervision and I removed his heat light from the screen so he wouldn’t burn himself).

It feels like I have a brand new lizard. Normally he was just basking all day. The only major changes was a slow shift to 7 feeders one day to 1-2 feeders the next then back to 7 the following day (trying to get it to 5 every other day gradually). Just curious if anyone else has experienced lizard zoomies 😆View attachment 289975
He is starting to hit maturity... exploring his territory lol. It is normal. :)

This actually makes so much sense because I did find sperm plugs last week for the first time 😂
Yep IME they stop basking as much as they do when they are little because your not feeding as much. Then they become little terrors wanting to explore anything and everything they can. Kinda like when a toddler learns to walk and gets into literally everything.
Just make sure if your bringing him out it is to a safe area. They don't care what it is they will try to climb it.

Yep IME they stop basking as much as they do when they are little because your not feeding as much. Then they become little terrors wanting to explore anything and everything they can. Kinda like when a toddler learns to walk and gets into literally everything.
Just make sure if your bringing him out it is to a safe area. They don't care what it is they will try to climb it.
When it gets warmer here I plant to make an “outdoor play area” with long pothos and other things he can climb around in for short periods of time in the sun. I’ve seen some cool examples from some users here

Back
Top Bottom