Post birth question

Ethen44

Hello everyone, I have a quick question about my (or any) panther chameleon. She just laid her 2nd clutch, and I was wondering if raising her temperature slightly would help her metabolize calcium faster? Would she have any need of extra sunlight/d3/or increased basking temps? Would that help at all? All opinions and help are appreciated :)

How is your girl? What are her basking temps now? I always give my girls liquid calcium for a few days after laying.

Me personally, I keep my girls at 80*F usually, but my panther just laid an infertile clutch and I did increase her temps to 84* for a couple days. I felt she could use it. I don't know if there's a valid reason for it, but I just imagine being really exhausted and wanting to just take a warm bath to relax. So I kept her a little warmer for like 3 days and she basked the whole time, so I think she liked it. This plus some liquid calcium and a little more dusted calcium since. And I did take her out for some sunlight as well.

Now she's back down to 80*. If you want to take her out for sunlight and such, these are all good things. They certainly can't hurt!

How is your girl? What are her basking temps now? I always give my girls liquid calcium for a few days after laying.

She is doing well, her basking temp has been reduced to 80, she still spends most of her day basking however. She's been eating ravenously and drinking plenty of fluid. Where do you get liquid calcium? That would be extremely beneficial, I'm anticipating a 3rd clutch from the poor girl.

Back
Top Bottom