Post a picture of your enclosure thread?

Sean1978

I'm used to this type of a setup because most of the forums I visit are automotive. We have threads like "Post a picture of your engine bay" or "post a picture of your wheels". We usually try to keep responses on threads like this to a minimum as the point of the thread is to have a lot of pictures for people to look through to get ideas.

Could we start a "post a picture of your enclosure with brief specs" thread here, or is there already something I'm missing. Thanks.

EDIT: threads like this would usually be pinned on the top of there corresponding subforum.

Summoner, that's the whole point. Just going through a ton of old threads and skipping a bunch of posts just to see pictures. He's talking about having a sticky thread where people just post pictures of their set-ups and explain them. There's will be no "Wow, that's an awesome set-up!" responses, just a thread of pictures so you can just browse other people's enclosures w/o having to scroll through tons of "THat's WAAAAAY COOL!" and "AWSOME CAGE!" junk before you get to the next picture.

Not only is it good for looking at other's set-ups to get ideas, it'd also be incredibly helpful for newer keepers that come on here to browse to see what will work for them and what won't. And saves everybody the hastle of going through old posts looking to upgrade your cage and finding out that all the "Look at my awesome cage!" threads are just pictures of screen cages from LLLReptile. I mean, half of those "NEW CAGE!" Threads are people just saying stuff like "I'm getting a new cage in the mail tommorrow! Yay! What plants should I buy?!" or just questions asking cage recommendations. It's a waste of time, really. I like the idea of a sticky and you can browse, with out comments, until something catches your eye.

It's a good idea. I'd vote for it! :D

I like the idea... but if people searched a little they would find quite a bit of past discussion. when people post pics of a setup people ALWAYS say 'how'd you do that?!' or whatever. SO searching is a good way to dig up old threads and ask those questions.

I agree a sticky would be neat..... BUT your prolly better off looking at the photo album than a sticky because people can ALWAYS post to a thread.. and regulating it is a pain.

In the link to the thread below I have photos of a cage that I built. It's not allowing me to post these pictures again. If you are interested and want to see more photos and the tools that I used and so forth see my album in my profile.
Made a new aluminum screen cage

Back
Top Bottom