possibly the most beautiful mantis of all time - Idolomantis Diabolica

macro junkie

Idolomantis Diabolica also know as Giant devils flower mantis

Idolmantis diabolica - The Giant Devils Flower Mantis is the most impressive of the flower mantids.it is stunning. Diabolica is a larger sized mantis,the antennae of the male are feathery and split, while the females are thin and straight.Not for beginners. Breeding and incubating ootheca is more difficult than other mantids. Molting prior to adulthood is still a challenge to many keepers..the hardest bit is there environment and food.They will only eat flying insects..Feeding crickets to this species can cause death,also this is 1 species that need heat lamps..normally mantids can be housed at aboout 75f but this species need close to 100f..Also the hotter it is the harder it is to maintain humidity..if every thing isnt perfect this species wont see adult hood.iv tryed.i had10 nympths and 2 3rd instar nympths..i only managed to get 1(male) to adult..the rest ended up dieing dew to shedding issues.

But i did take some pics while they where growing...enjoy:)

1st off a adult male flapping its wings to warm up its wing muscle ready for flight

2360052095_f3b7b63e62_o.jpg

watch this video of a adult male getting ready for flight..feals amazing..the wind and feeling i get on my hand while he was flapping his wings..amazing species

watch this video of a adult male getting ready for flight..feals amazing..the wind and feeling i get on my hand while he was flapping his wings..amazing species

looks like expensive chameleon food, lol, jk, i dont know anything about mantis but that one sure is cool looking!

Some creatures on this planet seem to be from another... I'm in love with your pictures and this species! thanks for sharing!

Your photos r stunning macro, absolutely incredible. Looking forward to seeing more from u. What camera do u use if u don't mind me asking?

dude, you have a sick camera ! ! A+++++ for some incredible shots keep up the amazing work !

jeremy

Back
Top Bottom