Possibly Neurotic about this baby!

raelea

Hey just wanted to ask for some advice about the baby redbar I have. I have only had him for a day and a half but I have not seen him eat yet is this due to him needing to settle first? Temps are fine and he's generally quite active
I hope I am just worrying about nothing!!!
Thanks

It depends on how stressful their transition was from where they came from, to you.
If through the mail, may take a day or two to eat.

I always just have something available for them, like a few small cricks let loose in the cage.
The cham will find them while exploring his new home, just make sure you dont leave adult cricks (esp the black crick) in the cage overnight.

Crick nymphs, 1/4 to 1/2'' find their way out of my cages after a few hours. This gives the chams plenty of time to eat them if they want.
In the morning, all the uneaten cricks are running around in my living room :eek:

It wasn't mailed it was a 20 minute drive but for such a small one I guess it would be really traumatic. I have a multitude of tiny crickets hopping around after a while too lol

I would still gone the little one so time to settle in. Just watch carefully tomorrow and hake sure he eats.

How do I make him eat? I put some bugs in a cup to kind of monitor wether he ate I think he had one or two yesterday

I picked up a baby ambliobe as well and it was at least 1 hour ride. For my little baby when we put her in her new home she explored but didnt eat as well. I was worried too but give her time she will eat.. she started to eat a couple dubia roaches the next day i believe she was pretty hungry. And I put some small crickets in her cage and she eventually will eat those as well. you should be fine just give your baby some time to adjust

Thanks for that, I feel a lot better hearing that! I've seen him drink this morning so I'm taking that as a positive!

Thanks for that, I feel a lot better hearing that! I've seen him drink this morning so I'm taking that as a positive!

That is a positive, and you think he's eaten some crickets. Very good. Sometimes a cham will takes 2 weeks to settle into a new home. We usually recommend to disturb him as little as possible for the first week. You have to offer food and water of course, but leave him to relax and explore in his own time the rest of the day. You might have already seen this caresheet - https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html
Otherwise yes, you are possibly neurotic, which is a good sign for your cham- keeping future :D

I have left him alone poor little guy doesn't need me mauling him! Lol
I do worry I raised my veiled from 3 months this is my first time raising from 3 weeks!

I do worry I raised my veiled from 3 months this is my first time raising from 3 weeks!

It is ok to worry. I have raised a number of babies and at 3 weeks I worry about each one every day. Getting a baby at three weeks, yes I would be completely neurotic also. At that age just be sure he starts eating and drinking. He can't go without out food and water very long.

It is ok to worry. I have raised a number of babies and at 3 weeks I worry about each one every day. Getting a baby at three weeks, yes I would be completely neurotic also. At that age just be sure he starts eating and drinking. He can't go without out food and water very long.

It's definitely a challenge, which I knew it would be! He's had a drink today and he's currently exploring and chasing the fruit flies around. I have a feeling he's a bit shy to eat if he has a big person face staring at him- I would be too lol

Well, just don't over worry :p - I'm breeding for the first time and have a whopping 57 eggs in the incubator. I think about about how much fun it'll be :cool:..........then I think about 6000 insects to get them all to 2 months old......Forget neurosis, I'm going to be genuinely and frantically paranoid in 5 months time....:D

Well, just don't over worry :p - I'm breeding for the first time and have a whopping 57 eggs in the incubator. I think about about how much fun it'll be :cool:..........then I think about 6000 insects to get them all to 2 months old......Forget neurosis, I'm going to be genuinely and frantically paranoid in 5 months time....:D

Oh my... that is quite a substantial batch!!! As cute and adorable a multitude of baby chams would be I think I would end up with a nervous disposition too haha!! What have you bred? If I survive raising this baby it's something I would love to do!

It will be so much fun to see frantic and paranoid. David losing his cool, :):). But you know I love you and will be here for you as you raise tons & tons of babies.:rolleyes:

It will be so much fun to see frantic and paranoid. David losing his cool, :):). But you know I love you and will be here for you as you raise tons & tons of babies.:rolleyes:

Thanks, and you know I was joking about about the paranoid :). I never lose my cool, it's the coolest thing about me :cool:

Back
Top Bottom