Possible weird lack of behavior?

camimom

My 4 week old veiled Camo, hasn't moved in 5 hours. Well he rotates his eyes, and looks around, nice relaxed colors, but I'm pretty sure he hasn't moved from the same fake flower that he woke up on this morning. I picked him up this morning, and moved him and he crawled right back to the same spot. Is this normal? Do any of your chams sit in the same spot for hours?
He never fell asleep during the day, and he's his normal shade of brown when he basks....

sounds like he is chilling:cool:

lol as long as he looks alert, poo and urates are fine, and eating/sleeping normally than he should be good

if you feel worried, just moniter on him even more, to see any sublte changes that seem odd to you, but it sounds ok

somedays is chilling, others is wondering around cage

ok. I mean he seems fine. the few poos I can find are normal. crix are disappearing from his cage. no stress colors or injuries. I guess he just doesn't feel like exploring today.

My little carpet has been doing the same thing the last 2 weeks. Literally sitting on the same branch in the same spot every single time I look at her. I'm not home all day so I assume she crawls around some...when I've seen her crawling around she makes a quick round and comes back to her spot. The only time she really moves is when her temps get too high later in the day because my room gets hit directly by the sun, or when I give her a little hornworm on the other side of the cage. But her dripper is next to her branch and she drinks every day. I just started cup feeding her this weekend cause it's hard to keep track of her little crickets that could hide in the plants and she just about cleaned it out today. Her colors are good and she is very alert and responsive, not doing anything weird. So I'm just going to let her do her thing and keep an eye on her! I recently moved her cage higher so maybe she just likes playing queen of the world since her spot is the highest in the cage. :)

My little carpet has been doing the same thing the last 2 weeks. Literally sitting on the same branch in the same spot every single time I look at her. I'm not home all day so I assume she crawls around some...when I've seen her crawling around she makes a quick round and comes back to her spot. The only time she really moves is when her temps get too high later in the day because my room gets hit directly by the sun, or when I give her a little hornworm on the other side of the cage. But her dripper is next to her branch and she drinks every day. I just started cup feeding her this weekend cause it's hard to keep track of her little crickets that could hide in the plants and she just about cleaned it out today. Her colors are good and she is very alert and responsive, not doing anything weird. So I'm just going to let her do her thing and keep an eye on her! I recently moved her cage higher so maybe she just likes playing queen of the world since her spot is the highest in the cage. :)

I'm home all day and since Im a new cham mom and I've only had him like 2 and a half weeks, I am still very nervous. I'm fairly certain he hasn't moved since I picked him up this morning to examine him. (we had an issue with a bruised tail a week ago, so I check it) I put him on the bottom of his cage to get crix and he climbed back up then didnt move for the rest of the day. that was his sleeping spot last night too. very strange Cham.

My 5 week old Veiled (Waldo) has done the same all day. Hid in the back of the enclosure behind some fake greenery at 6 pm last night, popped his head out a few times but has hardly left the area. Hasnt even sat in his basking light at all. He did take a stroll down the side of the cage to the bottom of the enclosure about 2 hours ago but has once again wandered off into hiding.

You have quite a few posts so I am assuming your enclosure is Cham friendly, mine wasnt at first, basking too high, moss, not enough watering and too little of crickets. I changed all that and will wait to see what his attitude is like tomorrow. Im hoping all is normal as well!

My little waldo is still hanging behind his forest of leaves, hasnt basked in almost two full days, Havent seen him eat either but havent had my eye on him constantly.

My little waldo is still hanging behind his forest of leaves, hasnt basked in almost two full days, Havent seen him eat either but havent had my eye on him constantly.

Mine isn't necessarily hiding, he's sittin gon top of a flower at his highest point in the cage, in one of his basking spots. Could youre temps be too warm for him to bask? I almost never see mine eat, I free range his crix (gives him something to do) and I've only ever seen him eat once, two crix at the same time.
I have lots of posts cuz I'm a first time cham mom and am concerned about everything. Btw, I love the name waldo, esp since hes hiding. and when they are this small, it really is a where is he now kind of thing?:rolleyes:

My basking temps were high in the beginning until I came here and realized that i was following info for grown chams not babies. They were balanced at 99 degrees, I dropped them to 83 now. it may be possible that he just doesnt want to get out and go there because it was hot last time, maybe once he decided to test them out again he will realize they are good.

Mine hides, he's on the back side of his enclosure which has a thick sheet of fake leaves and he sits on a leaf and just hangs there until I get close enough to see him and he feels the cage shake a little, he then puffs up to a green and black spotted little bugar. Since awakening him on accident, which Im not sure was such a bad thing being that it is 930 in the morning and his UV and Basking light have been on for 1 1/2 hours, he has wandered out a bit.

I'm the same way with mine, I'm terrified something will happen so I am constantly observing him for the most part and scanning the forums for anything that I may have done wrong

-just checked on him, he is in his basking area now and on the prowl for some crickets. he doesnt seem so sure about eating them though, stares, the turns away. i did notice a clicking noise he makes with his mouth? is that normal do you know? almost like a cricket call. then a small saliva looking bubble popped out of his mouth.

Is the noise he making like a popping noise? i read somewhere on here that when chams open their mouth and make a popping noise that it may be mouthrot. Try searching for threads about it. Dunno bout the saliva dripping...

Doesnt really open his mouth when he does it, but the flap under his chin expands and when it pops it goes back to normal. He's done it ever since Ive had him...5 days ago

Doesnt really open his mouth when he does it, but the flap under his chin expands and when it pops it goes back to normal. He's done it ever since Ive had him...5 days ago

I have no idea what that means then... may want to try posting a seperate thread about it, I would do it in the general discussion more peopple view it.

Good luck. Video is always good. Ill keep an eye out for your posting, now Im interested too in what it could be

Back
Top Bottom