Possible skin condition?

Autoreiji

Your Chameleon - 18 month old male panther
Handling - every other day (he loves it and always reaches for us when we go to his cage
Feeding - 2-4 large locusts a day (all my others eat way more)
Watering - misted 3-4 timesa day, always see him drink
Fecal Description - moist and normal colour
History - bought at 8 months old, no idea pre 8 months
Cage Info:
Cage Type - 4ft reptibreeze
Lighting - unfortunately off the top of my head I can't name the bulbs
Temperature - 87f 73f
Plants - pachira tree
Placement - kitchen counter
Location -south uk
Problem: so.... I have 6 chameleons, all mister the same, all with same plants, and all day the same food (except they all eat more than this guy). He seems to permanently look like he's about to shed. Has looked like this for about 3 months. And actually shed 3 months ago but the day after he finished he went back to looking like this. So... could this possibly be a skin condition? He's misted 3-4 times a day, and occasionally given a warm shower with me. All my others get the same and they're all fine. Whilst he's wet and in the shower his skin looks fine and his colours lovely but as soon as he drys.. thanks in advance guys.

Attachments

• 20181123_144914.jpg
    20181123_144914.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 20181123_144906.jpg
    20181123_144906.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 20181123_144901.jpg
    20181123_144901.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 97
  • 20181123_143142.jpg
    20181123_143142.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 20181123_143137.jpg
    20181123_143137.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 91
Your Chameleon - 18 month old male panther
Handling - every other day (he loves it and always reaches for us when we go to his cage
Feeding - 2-4 large locusts a day (all my others eat way more)
Watering - misted 3-4 timesa day, always see him drink
Fecal Description - moist and normal colour
History - bought at 8 months old, no idea pre 8 months
Cage Info:
Cage Type - 4ft reptibreeze
Lighting - unfortunately off the top of my head I can't name the bulbs
Temperature - 87f 73f
Plants - pachira tree
Placement - kitchen counter
Location -south uk
Problem: so.... I have 6 chameleons, all mister the same, all with same plants, and all day the same food (except they all eat more than this guy). He seems to permanently look like he's about to shed. Has looked like this for about 3 months. And actually shed 3 months ago but the day after he finished he went back to looking like this. So... could this possibly be a skin condition? He's misted 3-4 times a day, and occasionally given a warm shower with me. All my others get the same and they're all fine. Whilst he's wet and in the shower his skin looks fine and his colours lovely but as soon as he drys.. thanks in advance guys.
How long is each misting session? Feed double that amount every other day. What are the locusts gutloaded with? Is your uvb linear or a compact coil? Have you had a fecal or anything done by a vet?

How long is each misting session? Feed double that amount every other day. What are the locusts gutloaded with? Is your uvb linear or a compact coil? Have you had a fecal or anything done by a vet?

Hi he's misted for about a minute each time with a continuous high pressure mister. He's using s compact coil. I do feed all my others double that, but he just doesn't eat them. They're gut loaded with a mix of cabbage&rocket leaves with repashy superfoods superload sprinkled on it. Also prorep bug grub. Not had anything done by the vets

Hi he's misted for about a minute each time with a continuous high pressure mister. He's using s compact coil. I do feed all my others double that, but he just doesn't eat them. They're gut loaded with a mix of cabbage&rocket leaves with repashy superfoods superload sprinkled on it. Also prorep bug grub. Not had anything done by the vets
Get a linear uvb bulb and fixture (use either Zoo Med 5.0 or Arcadia 6%). Mist for at least 2 minutes each time, but preferably for at least 5 minutes. Feed only every other day. I would go to the vet for a full work up (fecal and blood test, etc)

Get a linear uvb bulb and fixture (use either Zoo Med 5.0 or Arcadia 6%). Mist for at least 2 minutes each time, but preferably for at least 5 minutes. Feed only every other day. I would go to the vet for a full work up (fecal and blood test, etc)

So I got him an Acadia d3 6% bulb. Hopefully this helps with added misting. If not I'll try the vets. Thanks dude

Back
Top Bottom