possible sick chameleon

stranger23

Ok ive not picked him up yet but ive been told he is in a viv with a heat mat, a water fountain and a all in one heat and uv bulb and this is in a snake box! Im trying to find a slightly cheaper vets to take this poor soul to when i get him as i suspect he will have some issues i will need to sort, he is currently always dark colours unless he is out of the viv which dont surprise me as the viv is WAY to small! Im just wondering if there will be any signs i need to look out for that will be from illness? also he is currently having his crickets dusted with a chameleon mix its called t-rex chameleon dust is this any good? i was planning on dusting with calcium and something like nutrobal like i would for my geckos something like 4 days calcium 3 days nutrobal is that any good for them?

Sounds like just about everything is wrong for this cham. At this point you can do a lot by getting him into a proper cage setup and see how he reacts over the next few days. Getting him drinking is the most important thing. I can't tell if you'll need a vet yet, and if you took him to one who isn't experienced with chams they could load you up with antibiotics you don't need. Check the links under the resources tab here and they should get you on the right track.

He does drink and my friend looking after the chameleon (not the owner) ive told her to spray his viv so he isnt drinking out of the water fountain and explained a litte bit about them from what ive read, im doing my best at building the viv as quickly as i can but the varnishing takes some time to do as it needs to dry but im working late into the night to get it ready also ordered him some plants an umbrella plant and a weeping fig got some bamboo sticks to make lots of walkways and will be buying the lights and uv next tuesday so hoping to get everything sorted for then to get him out asap, the girl looking after him currently (owner has broke her leg and cant move lol) says he looks ok and is monitoring him for me, he is currently getting his food dusted with t-rex chameleon dust is this any good? whats the best things for me to give him when i have him? i use calci-dust and nutrobal for my geckos would the chameleon have the same or something else? im willing to spend money on this guy to make him happy

Back
Top Bottom