Possible RI ?

Looks cool but pricey, maybe I'll buy this at some point in the future. My next large purchase is the SolarMeter 6.5

You don't really need the 2nd sensor. I currently have my 2nd one for cooling and if I get a second Cham in the future

You don't really need the 2nd sensor. I currently have my 2nd one for cooling and if I get a second Cham in the future
I think I'd rather have the second sensor just in case, I can see myself having a second cham in the future.

What do you do for cooling, turn on a fan?

I have a slow speed muffin fan connected to a speed controller set to low. When the basking temperature gets to the correct temperature, the fan kicks on to add some airflow to my glass enclosure.

@Beman, do you have a link to the thermostat dimmer that you use?

And how do you account for if the chameleon is sitting on the branch, blocking the point of sight from bulb to sensor?
So I got the herpstat 2 because I was going to have a second chameleon so I wanted the ability to run two basking fixtures. But here is the link to the herpstat 1.
I was really worried about that with Beman but I actually have the sensor on the branch directly under which he rarely sits on. I have found that even when he does sit on it, it is able to read the temps still.

Back
Top Bottom