possible RI?

Yep that works I think we are typing at the same time lol.
update on the cage/info as of today. the humidity levels are slowly dropping from 60% to 50%, basking and ambient temps are down, new UVB light, calcium supplement ordered. i will attract some pictures of her enclosure.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - female veiled, 5-7 months
  • Handling - only during cage weekly cleaning for a short amount of time
  • Feeding - calcium dusted crickets without d3 every day, superworms 1-3 times per week and organic kale every other day. crickets are gutloaded with flukers high calcium diet, carrots, kale, misc fruits
  • Supplements - zoo-med repti calcium without d3 (ordered repashy calcium plus LOD)
  • Watering - automated mister every 6 hours for 60 seconds - max time on my automated mister ( on same timer as lights)
  • Fecal Description - normal color and consistency, brown/black and white at the top
  • History -N/A.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - extra large reptibreeze (24x24x48)
  • Lighting - zoo-med 50 watt ”basking” heat bulb, 24 inch zoo-med t5 H-O with a 5.0uvb bulb
  • Temperature - 81-84f basking 74-78f ambient
  • Humidity - 50-55%humidity / digital hydrometer
  • Plants - All artificial reptile safe plants
  • Placement - cage is located in the corner of my bedroom sitting directly on the floor. there is a fan on throughout the day and night.
  • Location - south florida

Attachments

• A0B258CC-C3EC-485C-846C-FEED34DD576B.jpeg
    A0B258CC-C3EC-485C-846C-FEED34DD576B.jpeg
    320.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 91B3ADDA-ACB1-48C4-8B7E-5615E52AB880.jpeg
    91B3ADDA-ACB1-48C4-8B7E-5615E52AB880.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 38
  • F65E5596-382E-4687-AE1C-FA1A5F7C4F08.jpeg
    F65E5596-382E-4687-AE1C-FA1A5F7C4F08.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 69
I would remove the carpet from the bottom of the enclosure. If she poops on the carpet, it's going to be a hosting ground for bacteria. Most people just have plants or bare bottoms.

Also if your goal is to lower the humidity, I would uncover the sides of the enclosure to allow for more airflow. Typically it's recommended to cover the sides to help increase humidity or to block chameleons from seeing each other.

update on the cage/info as of today. the humidity levels are slowly dropping from 60% to 50%, basking and ambient temps are down, new UVB light, calcium supplement ordered. i will attract some pictures of her enclosure.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - female veiled, 5-7 months
  • Handling - only during cage weekly cleaning for a short amount of time
  • Feeding - calcium dusted crickets without d3 every day, superworms 1-3 times per week and organic kale every other day. crickets are gutloaded with flukers high calcium diet, carrots, kale, misc fruits
  • Supplements - zoo-med repti calcium without d3 (ordered repashy calcium plus LOD)
  • Watering - automated mister every 6 hours for 60 seconds - max time on my automated mister ( on same timer as lights)
  • Fecal Description - normal color and consistency, brown/black and white at the top
  • History -N/A.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - extra large reptibreeze (24x24x48)
  • Lighting - zoo-med 50 watt ”basking” heat bulb, 24 inch zoo-med t5 H-O with a 5.0uvb bulb
  • Temperature - 81-84f basking 74-78f ambient
  • Humidity - 50-55%humidity / digital hydrometer
  • Plants - All artificial reptile safe plants
  • Placement - cage is located in the corner of my bedroom sitting directly on the floor. there is a fan on throughout the day and night.
  • Location - south florida
Wonderful... Now look into these.... https://dragonstrand.com/dragon-ledges/ and a drip pan for your cage https://dragonstrand.com/alternative-cage-manufaturers/

This will get live plants into the cage and off the floor (pothos are their favorite). Then give you room for a drip pan and the ability to have a permanent lay bin. :)

Let me know what else you are curious about! I love helping people like you that are totally open to feedback! Take care during the hurricane. We have quite a few members down there that will be dealing with this.
Should you lose power she will be ok. She will just sleep. You will not need to do anything additional for her when the lights come back on except give her a long misting session and food.

Wonderful... Now look into these.... https://dragonstrand.com/dragon-ledges/ and a drip pan for your cage https://dragonstrand.com/alternative-cage-manufaturers/

This will get live plants into the cage and off the floor (pothos are their favorite). Then give you room for a drip pan and the ability to have a permanent lay bin. :)

Let me know what else you are curious about! I love helping people like you that are totally open to feedback! Take care during the hurricane. We have quite a few members down there that will be dealing with this.
Should you lose power she will be ok. She will just sleep. You will not need to do anything additional for her when the lights come back on except give her a long misting session and food.
thanks so much again. i will look in to the dragon ledges. i already have a pothos plant. i use it in her out door cage that she sits in while i clean her indoor cage. maybe i will move it in to her main cage :)

thanks so much again. i will look in to the dragon ledges. i already have a pothos plant. i use it in her out door cage that she sits in while i clean her indoor cage. maybe i will move it in to her main cage :)
should i look in to a small de-humidifier? the humidity in my house will never fall below 50% unless we get a rare cold front.

should i look in to a small de-humidifier? the humidity in my house will never fall below 50% unless we get a rare cold front.
You could. Typically they like their humidity level 30-40% during the day. So if that would be an issue you may want to try it. Being in Florida and being so humid down there it would help keep the moisture down in your home as well. lol

You could. Typically they like their humidity level 30-40% during the day. So if that would be an issue you may want to try it. Being in Florida and being so humid down there it would help keep the moisture down in your home as well. lol
thanks, i’ll take a trip to walmart tonight...what about during the night? the humidity in my house naturally stays around 50-55% day and night.

thanks, i’ll take a trip to walmart tonight...what about during the night? the humidity in my house naturally stays around 50-55% day and night.
You can hook a cool mist humidifier up at night or get a reptile fogger for nights. These we run with hoses to the top of the cages. Typically in a back corner. This increases the humidity to 100% which is good for them say between the hours of 1am-5am. You want it when your house is at its coolest. So if you keep your house under 70 degrees at night it works well.

Here is another link on fogging at night https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...s-through-the-fog-without-dispelling-it.2400/

You can hook a cool mist humidifier up at night or get a reptile fogger for nights. These we run with hoses to the top of the cages. Typically in a back corner. This increases the humidity to 100% which is good for them say between the hours of 1am-5am. You want it when your house is at its coolest. So if you keep your house under 70 degrees at night it works well.

Here is another link on fogging at night https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...s-through-the-fog-without-dispelling-it.2400/
thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom