Possible respitory infection

Ok I have gotten some sound advice by an experienced and helpful memeber and I now know for sure that these are not the right changes to make. i was almost 100% sure of this but who am I to challenge vet advice?

We are going to try and give her a steamy shower room treatment or two and see if that does away with the symptoms. If not we are going back for the baytril and hopefuuly that will clear things up for our little sweetie!

Thats good Angie. Theres nothing worse than havng a gut feeling that advice is wrong. Its good you have advice you trust. Baytral is not too bad. If Teal'c needs it then so be it. Any medication has a risk to it but you have to weigh up the pros and cons and right now she needs it so relax and go with it. Keep us posted.;)

Thank you so much Kate! You're always there to give me comforting words and support! I really appreciate it :)

I wasnt opposed to bayrtil, just didn't want to take it in a snap because it was offered but I do fear that we will need it now.

Steaming up the bathroom as we speak! Does anyone know how long we should keep her in there?

Update

Just to let you all know, she enjoyed an hour in the steamy bathroom! And we are picking up a 2 week course of baytril tomorrow.

It was Komodo calcium with d3 and multivitamin. But it has way more vitA and d3 than recommended, vitA is 1450000 iu per kg and d3 is 145000 iu per kg. compared to repashy plus which vitA is 440000 iu per kg and d3 is 44000 iu per kg. So if repashy is too much to use all the time, Komodo is still way too much to use twice a month!

I use Komodo dusting powder for chameleons- it has 20000iu/kg of vitA and 4000iu/kg of d3. Just wondering if that ok for regular use? Someone has suggested I use it only once every 3 feeds.

Hope you're girl gets better soon! How pronounce her name?

I use Komodo dusting powder for chameleons- it has 20000iu/kg of vitA and 4000iu/kg of d3. Just wondering if that ok for regular use? Someone has suggested I use it only once every 3 feeds.

Hope you're girl gets better soon! How pronounce her name?

That's less than repashy calcium plus so I would think it would be ok to use but like I say, I'm not even sure how often I plan to use the repashy so maybe somebody more up on it can help. The way I try to calculate it is take the content of the most used commonly used supplements that people use twice a month, calculate your supplement by the amount of days a month you use it and compare it to the content of the others when used twice a month if that makes sense? My very clever other half was the one that came up with that theory. Also I don't dust every feeder so it's all getting a bit complicated :S

Thank you so much for your well wishes :) Her name is pronounced Teelk. She's named after a pouty alien with attitude from Stargate SG1, one of my favourite shows. She was going to be called Mr Teal'c but she ended up being a girl. The name stuck though and it suits her!

Thanks for the advice, I do some calculations. :)

lol I'm glad I'm not the only one who names their pets after sci-fi characters! Mine's Neelix & I think I'll name the carpet I'm getting Tuvok, both as in Star Trek Voyager.

Thanks for the advice, I do some calculations. :)

lol I'm glad I'm not the only one who names their pets after sci-fi characters! Mine's Neelix & I think I'll name the carpet I'm getting Tuvok, both as in Star Trek Voyager.

Lol! They deserve scifi names IMO, they are the closest things to aliens that you would have in the house!

Back
Top Bottom