Possible mouth rot on my Jackson

xryan

Started seeing a little brown flake on the bottom right of my male Jackson's mouth, when he eats it is slightly red, if I touch near he doesn't seem to care but he kind of twitches when he open too much. Haven't taken him to the vet but the forum here is fabulous. I appreciate ANYTHING you guys can give me. I will Upload pictures very soon.

:\ definitely mouth rot:(

Sorry the picture is so big
download

My apologies heres a look. The picture was zoomed in cause of distance. In another needed let me know.
BIX76UI.jpg

First thing you want to do is prevent it from getting further infected.

Take a Q-Tip, wipe with peroxide then apply a topical antibiotic like Bacitracin, etc, from your medicine cabinet.

Do this twice a day. I had a Jackson's once that had what looked like a big, nasty cold sore in the corner of his mouth, and it healed up in about a week using this. Jackson's are prone to mouth sores. It's suspected it might be related to a Vitamin C or some other deficiency.

Give it a try.

Btw, i got this from one of Philippe de Vosjoli's many excellent books on Chameleon care.:)

First thing you want to do is prevent it from getting further infected.

Take a Q-Tip, wipe with peroxide then apply a topical antibiotic like Bacitracin, etc, from your medicine cabinet.

Do this twice a day. I had a Jackson's once that had what looked like a big, nasty cold sore in the corner of his mouth, and it healed up in about a week using this. Jackson's are prone to mouth sores. It's suspected it might be related to a Vitamin C or some other deficiency.

Give it a try.

Btw, i got this from one of Philippe de Vosjoli's many excellent books on Chameleon care.:)
Thank you thank you thank you! Applied the first coat and will do again a few hours before bed or could I apply before he sleeps? I will definitely have to look up the author.

So long as you clean and apply the ointment twice a day, the time should make a difference.

Let us know how it heals up.

You need to see a vet to be prescribed anti biotics to treat the mouth rot.

OTC stuff wont do it.

Back
Top Bottom