Possible Impaction?

EChip

Hello, around three weeks ago I realised my panther chameleon had gone from pooing every other day to not pooing for nearly a week. I was about to make a thread when he finally did poo, and it was more than usual. I then figured that maybe he will just go once every week, but not its been 10 days and he hasn't gone. He still eats as normal, no change in behaviour, still aa active as ever and doesn't look like he has a problem. Any advice?
Info:
10 month old Male Panther Chameleon
Cage: Reptibreeze XL (61X61X122 CM) Mesh Cage
100w Arcadia D3 UV Basking Lamp
80w Ceramic Heater
Basking Temp: 28-29C
Ambient Temp: 23-24C
Humidity: 40-50% (I've got dripper, I mist for about 2 minutes 5-6 times a day and have containers with small amounts of water for evaporation and to stop cage from flooding from dripper) (any advice on how to increase humidity in mesh cage would be greatly appreciated)
Drinking: I don't see him drinking from his dripper/leaves, but he doesn't really like eating around me so he may drink that way while I'm not there. However, when I spray his enclosure, I'll direct the nozzle towards his mouth and he opens his mouth for the water. I'll gently spray the water into his mouth until he closes his mouth. I offer this to him every time I spray, but he'll only do this once a day (sometimes not at all in the day)
Feed: 4-5 4th instar crickets every day
Crickets are gutloaded with cabbage, carrots, lettuce etc
Crickets dusted with vitamin supplement 3-4 times every week
Fake plants inside enclosure
Newspaper and paper roll for substrate (he doesn't go to the floor of his enclosure)
Pictures of him are attached
Thanks for any advice
IMG_20170417_111723.jpg

IMG_20170417_111712.jpg

IMG_20170417_111656.jpg

Looking through some older posts, people have suggested misting directly with warm water or giving them a "shower"
Yeah I've both misted him with warm water and given him a shallow bath whilst massaging under his stomach to his vent, but nothing. I managed to get a look under his vent and it seems to look like there is poo there, but hes not passing it.

This is off topic but that's a really barren enclosure. He needs some live plants, more climbing branches, coverage, and foliage. It should look like a jungle

Back
Top Bottom