Possible gravid jackson not eating.

Manik6

Hi everyone!! Ok so my jackson is possibly gravid and has stopped eating. I know they usually stop when there close to giving birth but it has only been about a month since she mated with my male. She is still drinking well but i have to mist her for a while but i make sure she drinks. And she has gotten very lazy and I catch her taking naps. Previous owner says shes about a year and a half y/o. Is this normal if she is gravid?

Hi everyone!! Ok so my jackson is possibly gravid and has stopped eating. I know they usually stop when there close to giving birth but it has only been about a month since she mated with my male. She is still drinking well but i have to mist her for a while but i make sure she drinks. And she has gotten very lazy and I catch her taking naps. Previous owner says shes about a year and a half y/o. Is this normal if she is gravid?

Hi there. Are you sure she wasn't gravid when you got her? She might be farther along then you think. Can you post any pics? :)

I thought about that but dont the females get very frustrated with the males afterwards. Cause when I got em they both loved being together until a few days after i saw them mate then she couldnt stand him. Ill have to get my sisters camera. She lays down weird too. Her stomach lumps to one side and u can see little lumps in her stomach. But not when she stand. Will try to get some pics asap. Oh and havent done any fecals yet. Hope to soon but just got my own house and these bills aint no joke.

i agree with jaxy girl. its unlikely there would be any lumpiness as a result of a copulation one month ago, it sounds as though she is farther along to me. has she displayed any gravid coloration? bouts of not eating are fairly common in later term, but i would be a little more concerned about the napping?, probably a good idea to fill out the help form. its almost impossible for anyone to determine any thing, if they dont know any of the facts. there is sort of an implication that they are housed together? if your female is gravid she would be better off housed solo. what kind of light are you using for uvb? if you are using a 10.0 or any sort of cfl (particularly an older one) then your lighting could be at issue. what are your temps like?, how are they measured? if you are using anything higher than 40watts for uva then that could be an issue as well. it could also be a supplementation or diet issue but without any info how would we know?. jmo

Last edited:
marley

2010-07-15_203304.jpg

k! will fill out the help sheet.

ok i cant find the help sheet. ok she is about a year and then some according to the previous owner. im using a 5.0 reptisun and a 40 watt housebulb for basking. temps get between 80 and 90 at the most during the day and between 70 and 80f at night. im using a flukers digital thermometer and hygrometer. the reptisun is only two weeks old. had some other light but i could tell they were old so i replaced it. (from previous owner). the male has the same light on him now but hes doing fine. supplementation was flukers calcium w/o d3every other day and with d3 once a month and multivitamins once a month. ive had them both about two months now. ive fed her crickets, supers, mealworms, and hornworms. she loved mealworms but stopped feeding them and mixed it up. i just ordered some blue bottle flies to see if it sparks up her appetite but if not then a vet appointment it will be. ive kept everything the same with my male and hes fine. they are housed seperately. although when i did see how she was slowing down i put her in the males enclosure cause it was a bit smaller and my male is very active so i figured he needed the extra room to explore. i have ordered new encloseres from lllreptile. both 18x 18x 36. is that big enough for them?

Back
Top Bottom