Possible Eye Infection?

frythecham

I noticed my little guy had minor swelling around his left eye yesterday and today it’s gotten a little more swollen. I’m not sure if it’s an infection or not so just seeing if anyone else has had this sort of issue. I’d like to take him to a vet but I’m having trouble finding one in my area

Attachments

• 79BB9F34-A831-491D-974F-8F5A3231A454.jpeg
    79BB9F34-A831-491D-974F-8F5A3231A454.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 65D34975-09CA-4309-96DF-B1B7ED6C1456.jpeg
    65D34975-09CA-4309-96DF-B1B7ED6C1456.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 43
We may be able to help you find a vet. What is your area?
Also, it may not be an eye issue, but a symptom of another process.
How old is he? I ask because his casque looks a bit short.

We may be able to help you find a vet. What is your area?
Also, it may not be an eye issue, but a symptom of another process.
How old is he? I ask because his casque looks a bit short.
I live in Houston more specifically cypress

I’d say he’s anywhere from 6-8 months old as I don’t have a true date of birth for him

I use calcium without d3 every feeding and a reptivite multivitamin with d3 twice a month
That is correct supplementation. I would do a husbandry review if you have not yet to see if something in the environment is contributing. But this may be an issue that came with the cham. Looking at a pic you posted back in January there is a very very slight swelling in the corner.

So you want a really good reptile vet that knows chameleons. Might be a sinus infection or eye infection causing the puffy corners.

That is correct supplementation. I would do a husbandry review if you have not yet to see if something in the environment is contributing. But this may be an issue that came with the cham. Looking at a pic you posted back in January there is a very very slight swelling in the corner.

So you want a really good reptile vet that knows chameleons. Might be a sinus infection or eye infection causing the puffy corners.
Okay will do. Thank you for the help it is much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom