Possible burn? Yellow bumps along spine

Graves923

Chameleon Enthusiast
Wondering if this could be a burn starting on my veiled champs back. Spotted these bumps that look almost like they are puss filled along his spine only on his left side.

His casque looks normal along with the rest of his body.

Just replaced his basking bulb. Been using a zoo-med 75w bulb since I got him in January. Basking spot on the branch read 88*F and gradually cools further down in the cage.

Attachments

• IMG_20170413_180837695.jpg
    IMG_20170413_180837695.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_20170413_183006.jpg
    IMG_20170413_183006.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 229
Well I'm really not sure but sounds and looks more like some sort of bacterial or fungal infection.

That what I was afraid of and came here for a second opinion. last night was the first time I noticed it and this morning the bumps?blisters have gotten more raised but have not spread out. Calling a local exotic vet today to get an appointment.

In the mean time, anyone else have an opinion on this?

Its not a burn. Burns look like a mouth clamped on or kissed the cham, it will be bright white and then turn black/grey depending on the severity. Ive never heard of burn oozing/blistering like a people bad sunburn.

dumb question, have you tried wiping it off with a soapy warm cloth, and see if it comes back? For all you know hes just walking around with stuff on his back he picked up walking around.

Wondering if this could be a burn starting on my veiled champs back. Spotted these bumps that look almost like they are puss filled along his spine only on his left side.

His casque looks normal along with the rest of his body.

Just replaced his basking bulb. Been using a zoo-med 75w bulb since I got him in January. Basking spot on the branch read 88*F and gradually cools further down in the cage.
Can someone help

Just got out of the vet. The bumps were filled with fluid. Vet drained them and thinks it was stuck she'd that got infected. Have to give him a oral antibiotic

Back
Top Bottom