Possible broken leg?

Alrighty just got done at the vet. Good news. The vet said as long as I keep feeding him his supplements like I’m supposed to then he should improve. Because of his lack of appetite I’m going to be crushing up his bugs and feeding them to him through a syringe until he starts eating normally again. (Ick). Also, he said that if you feed your crickets and superworms (or whatever staple feeder you use for chams) calcium, it actually helps chams absorb calcium better than just dusting them. Good to know :)

Did he tell you how to force feed him correctly? What about the leg?
Yeah. Hold him by the back of the head (not squeezing or pushing, just making sure his head doesn’t move) and weasling the end of the syringe on the side of his jaw into his mouth by gently pushing down on the lower jaw. I tried it with Robert when I got home and he was very Compliant with me.
Vet said his legs don’t need to be splinted or anything since he moves around fine and isn’t in pain. He said once Robert gets stronger the bones will heal on their own, but to call him if they got any worse.

2E8A9F27-B874-48B8-AAE9-02BE69C3A7E2.png

Not all lights are created equal. He needs a T5 High Output Linear Light! But by all means don't listen to me because what you're doing or using is working out for you right now correct?! What you have is a dual dome light fixture with a mini compact UVB 5.0 light by ZooMed and a blue daylight bulb that came with the kit. And I'm telling you this is insufficient!

I’m going today to buy new lights and fixtures. I know what I need to get for UVB but is this a good fixture and bulb for basking?

Attachments

• E9B32E63-7942-47D6-A7EA-DC155A02D117.jpeg
    E9B32E63-7942-47D6-A7EA-DC155A02D117.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 207
  • 1A37CC0E-4D20-4937-8C92-37ADAD4EF90A.jpeg
    1A37CC0E-4D20-4937-8C92-37ADAD4EF90A.jpeg
    492.6 KB · Views: 248
what do you mean by getting my temps dialed in
You have an adult veiled correct? So his basking should be about 90*F, so depending on the distance of your light you may have to try out different wattages to see which one gets your basking spot to the correct temp. Playing with the wattages is sometimes referred to as “dialing it in”.

Honest question- are you a millennial?

You have an adult veiled correct? So his basking should be about 90*F, so depending on the distance of your light you may have to try out different wattages to see which one gets your basking spot to the correct temp. Playing with the wattages is sometimes referred to as “dialing it in”.

Honest question- are you a millennial?
Sorry I just hadn’t heard it worded like that before. I understand what you mean now

I’m sorry guys. I was at petco and then went to Home Depot to get the basking lights and fixtures but had to leave suddenly due to an emergency call I got regarding a family member. I didn’t get all the stuff I needed. I’m so sorry. I’ll get it done as soon as I can.

Back
Top Bottom