Popularity of Reptiles

Jevin

Chameleon Enthusiast
Well I'm back from a bit of a break. With finishing up my degrees here, I've been putting thought into what to do next. I still plan to pursue graduate studies, but I need a way to fund things.

I'm uncertain of what my very next step is as I have had to overcome quite a few obstacles just to get to this point in my life and many of the things I would like to achieve in life will come at a later date.

I am curious though, are reptiles becoming more common as pets due to the lower cost compared to other more common animals? I speak from being in a family with cats which had a much higher cost per month than the reptiles I've had.

Well I'm back from a bit of a break. With finishing up my degrees here, I've been putting thought into what to do next. I still plan to pursue graduate studies, but I need a way to fund things.

I'm uncertain of what my very next step is as I have had to overcome quite a few obstacles just to get to this point in my life and many of the things I would like to achieve in life will come at a later date.

I am curious though, are reptiles becoming more common as pets due to the lower cost compared to other more common animals? I speak from being in a family with cats which had a much higher cost per month than the reptiles I've had.
Probably the lower cost as well as several other factors:

Reptiles just make better pets for some people
- no fur to trigger allergies
- some reptiles are very low-maintenance
- most reptiles are silent
- reptiles are more independent and don’t require attention like dogs and cats do
- smell, or lack thereof (for the most part)

As reptiles become more popular, they’re becoming better and easier pets
- it’s now way easier and cheaper to get reptiles
- captive bred reptiles are far more common now
- information on keeping reptiles is far more accessible and accurate
- morphs! People love pretty or rare things, and reptiles are no exception

But yes, cost is definitely a big factor in the popularity of reptiles as well. Best of luck on your future endeavours!

Back
Top Bottom