Poor guys heat lamp burned out today!!

MplsCham

So, I was at work all day and came home to find my poor 5 month Ambilobe's heat lamp burned out, and I don't know for how long? He was on a vine he sometimes sleeps on near the bottom of his cage and looked tired. I changed the bulb, and he climbed up and flattened out under it to warm up. I live in Minnesota, so I definitely know it sucks being cold!! Anyone have any suggestions for a more daylight colored bulb? Just replaced a zoo med daylight with a zoo med basking, and I'm not really digging the yellowness of the bulb. The incandescent daylight didn't seem to last too long, only a month or so.

Just a regular white housebulb will work. The corkscrew looking ones do not give off much heat, so don't use those. I found out the hard way!!

So, I was at work all day and came home to find my poor 5 month Ambilobe's heat lamp burned out, and I don't know for how long? He was on a vine he sometimes sleeps on near the bottom of his cage and looked tired. I changed the bulb, and he climbed up and flattened out under it to warm up. I live in Minnesota, so I definitely know it sucks being cold!! Anyone have any suggestions for a more daylight colored bulb? Just replaced a zoo med daylight with a zoo med basking, and I'm not really digging the yellowness of the bulb. The incandescent daylight didn't seem to last too long, only a month or so.

Interesting. We went through two ZooMed Daylight bulbs in less than 2.5 months. Very disappointed in their longevity.

Are you using the ones in the white box? Those are the ones I am getting more than a year out of.

The one that burned out was in the blue box, it's blue glass, looks like a regular incandescent. I'm using the white box one now, but the light is very yellow. Feel like my chams colors came out better under the daylight one?

Back
Top Bottom