Poop? Urate?

How’s Lou?
He’s hanging in there but yesterday his elbow/arm became swollen. I have a vet appt with Dr Hallipaur of Parker exotics on Tuesday. Trying to see if I can borrow some money for bloodwork. So frustrated that I have spent all my savings at this initial vet and while he is taking to eating, his body isn’t getting better :(, May have to wait two weeks before I can get any answers will all bills needing paid right now :(

I noticed you're in the DFW area... I'm not sure what vet you're going to, but Texas Avian and Exotic Hospital is a great vet (https://texasavian.com/) I toured the facility when they first opened and I'd take my cham there in a heartbeat.
I am thinking of switching over to this vet. I got a guilt trip mentioning them to the vet tech who was looking after Lou, it sucked. Canceled the appt and should of just stuck with it despite that angle they used. They are closer to me than Parker but I’m leaning more towards this now for that reason.

I am hoping they will transfer over his records/xrays and such because I am flat broke right now with just enough to cover an appt at this time until the next week or two.

He’s hanging in there but yesterday his elbow/arm became swollen. I have a vet appt with Dr Hallipaur of Parker exotics on Tuesday. Trying to see if I can borrow some money for bloodwork. So frustrated that I have spent all my savings at this initial vet and while he is taking to eating, his body isn’t getting better :(, May have to wait two weeks before I can get any answers will all bills needing paid right now :(
I fear he has psuedo gout, as I initially went in concerned about his d3 over supplementing. After 3 visits he was being treated for a fungal but without any bloodwork or bio done until after my last visit when I toon him home, I’m so upset because I’ve spent 600+200 for husbandry improvements and new supplements so far and don’t make much money during this slow season. I absolutely hate that I feel what he’s been treated for so far is not what he really needed. :( I understand it’s hard to diagnose but really wish I would of pushed for bloodwork the first visit. He could be onto better recovery by now.

Attachments

• 492F5513-13C3-47E5-A2D1-F2C44E7E4E34.jpeg
    492F5513-13C3-47E5-A2D1-F2C44E7E4E34.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 104
Appointment set with Texas aviary Weds. I feel like I’m cheating with going with their competitor but earnestly just want to figure this out. Current vet has 10 chameleon patients but I need somewhere that doesn’t make me drop him off to see him, and also they are closed today.
Don’t get me wrong, I have fallen in love with DMV Greg Moore of southlake animal hospital, he is genuine and compassionate and had me take Lou home when I was upset about his state after being kept there. I feel they run a tight ship and after a month a diagnosis should of been met. It’s at this time I can not go with guesses, need bloodwork done and hope that it’s not too late for my Lou.

Today he is looking better, after fortaz shot his elbow swelling is down about half, but my fear I’ve had from the beginning is he may be poisoned from too much d3+ the t5ho 10.0 bulb he was living under for 3 months.

I’ve had countless recommendations to see Texas Avian and am really hoping this next visit can get him out of pain and recovering better. This has been such a heartache to see him not being active and having to give him so many meds everyday. I’ve stopped the oral antifungal and just have him on water therapy, carnivore care 1x a day if he doesn’t eat, and fortaz injection every other evening.

Sounds like you're putting you cham's health first (as you should) so no need to feel bad about office politics.
Sending you good vibes until Wednesday. Please keep us in the loop :)

Back
Top Bottom