Poop looks hard???

No one has said anything about it, but why are you cutting the silkworms in half? Chameleons can handle eating long insects. If you think the silkworms are too round, you should get smaller ones. Also, cutting them in half kills them and chameleons only eat live bugs. Silkworms are a great feeder, but if you can’t get any the right size try other feeders for now like crickets, bsfl, baby roaches. The rule of thumb is if the feeder is larger than the space between the eyes, it’s too big. For long feeders like silkworms, hornworms etc, it’s the width or fatness of the feeder that counts.
I already said I feed him crickets but thank you!

Hi everyone! So I got live plants, my mister and light. Now a new problem LOL. I cannot keep the humidity past 30%. No matter how much I mist. What shoild I do?

Hi everyone! So I got live plants, my mister and light. Now a new problem LOL. I cannot keep the humidity past 30%. No matter how much I mist. What shoild I do?
That’s perfect for your veiled during the day. If you’re having a problem reaching or maintaining at least 30%, you could try wrapping at least 2 sides of the enclosure with a shower curtain or shrink plastic insulation. Your live plants will create small pockets of humidity that your cham can choose to go to also.

That’s perfect for your veiled during the day. If you’re having a problem reaching or maintaining at least 30%, you could try wrapping at least 2 sides of the enclosure with a shower curtain or shrink plastic insulation. Your live plants will create small pockets of humidity that your cham can choose to go to also.
I’m thinking more at night tho :(

Ok! How much are humidifiers? I’m def going to try the shower curtain thing!
You can pick up a cheap one from Walmart for $20 or get one more geared for reptiles for much more from somewhere like Amazon. The one that I had on my wish list is no longer available, but this one is similar. https://www.amazon.com/Evergreen-Pe...1R5T/ref=dp_prsubs_3?pd_rd_i=B07V1Q1R5T&psc=1 If you go the budget route, just make sure it’s cool mist and there’s a way to direct the fog towards your enclosure. For most, you’ll want to use either distilled or reverse osmosis water. I used cheap plastic shower curtains, but if it works and you want something that looks nicer, many use this stuff.
776694A4-94BB-4734-8530-3CC09A1D50D6.jpeg

Unless you got a screen cage you should not be pumping humidity into the one you have in your post. 30% is fine even at night. I would rather see 30% then baby developing an RI due to levels being far too high in a hot environment with no air circulation. I am sure it is actually sitting a bit higher because that enclosure has no real air circulation. Please post pics of the enclosure now that you have made modifications.

This is important the last person that came to this forum and insisted on using this cage, their cham developed MBD because they did not follow what we told them.

Back
Top Bottom