pomona reptile super show...

It was way overcrowded, toooooooo many little kids, waaaaaaayyyyy too few chameleons and what was there wasn't very impressive. Now if you wanted snakes or geckos it was the place to be. Think the best bargains were the grape vines at bargain prices.

Did pick up a pair of baby veiled a male from LLL and the female from Amazing Blue reptiles. Pictures coming tomorrow. Also picked up 2 beardies one blood and one citrus. The bargain of the day was in the parking lot. A gentleman had been waiting in the parking lot for a few hours waiting for a person that was to buy his adult ambilobe and cage. When we left he was still waiting and well needless to say the deal was to good to pass up . Very nice pink/peach fatty female about 16months old. She is a sweetie, loves to be held and already eating well.

So it was fun but way overcrowded. Thought mist king was gonna be there but They weren't. Oh well guess it allowed me to pick up the ambilobe .

It was way overcrowded, toooooooo many little kids, waaaaaaayyyyy too few chameleons and what was there wasn't very impressive. Now if you wanted snakes or geckos it was the place to be. Think the best bargains were the grape vines at bargain prices.

Did pick up a pair of baby veiled a male from LLL and the female from Amazing Blue reptiles. Pictures coming tomorrow. Also picked up 2 beardies one blood and one citrus. The bargain of the day was in the parking lot. A gentleman had been waiting in the parking lot for a few hours waiting for a person that was to buy his adult ambilobe and cage. When we left he was still waiting and well needless to say the deal was to good to pass up . Very nice pink/peach fatty female about 16months old. She is a sweetie, loves to be held and already eating well.

So it was fun but way overcrowded. Thought mist king was gonna be there but They weren't. Oh well guess it allowed me to pick up the ambilobe .

well i guess i'll see for myself tomorrow.

can you show pics of the beardies, been wanting one, thinking of citrus but would love to see nice red too.

pics..

pics of my new little guy...from EL CID...took some of him sleeping..ill take some more of him tomorrow awake...he was a total different color when i bought him...:D:D:D

Attachments

• 100_1242.jpg
    100_1242.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 100_1243.jpg
    100_1243.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 100_1244.jpg
    100_1244.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 121
well i got a real nice tamative then sold him to someones whos goin breed him, so that left me open to be my adult pair bule Dendrobates azureus dart frogs that id wanted sense san diego.... an then I got what what i was hopin the kammers would bring, its a male ambanja from hyamindacil...I have a feeling this lil dude is goin turn out awesome... The Kammers haveta be the best people to deal with.. heres a couple pics when i took him out the cup an put him away hes2-2.5 months old..
newkammersambanja004.jpg

newkammersambanja005.jpg

didnt get pics of the frog pair there hiding under leafs sleepin ill get pics tomarrow...

not many cool chams? an you got veileds? hmm what show was you at there was cool chams an marty-mistking is at the show along with aquazamp..
OH also whoever got that red body blue bar ambilobe scored that one makes me want an ambilobe again...

Last edited:
One of the nicer shows I've been to in CA for some years.

Place was so packed you couldn't get to the tables, I haven't seen a show that packed in a long time and even the folks running it said the same. Easily well beyond the 3000 capacity.

I picked up a nice high white male emerald tree boa for my female, should have babies this year meaning I'll have more cash to buy Chams.

I was very disappointed :( in the few cham vendors. One of the nicest was was Krammerflage, Blue Beast was nice too. They put some effort into their booths. There really wasn't anything special chamwise there. Usual fare of common animals or the lone Cham trapped amid a table of multiple Herp species with a retailer just looking to sell it and knowing nothing about it.

I did see Mist King had a corner table set up, little terrarium with a "push me" button to see the system. Had to be one of the few tables where there were no people hanging out but looked like an ok product.

Came across a vendor selling live plants...very nice stuff.

found a vendor actually selling not only CB poison arrow frogs, but tadpoles. Now that was a first for me to see. Very innovative.

Large amount of snakes for sale, quite a few lizards, had some nice tortoises to boot. Not often you see pancakes or a full size Radiata. Had one vendor with a large assortment of newts and salamanders... that was out of the ordinary.

I also picked up some live moss and Dubia roaches for my Mt Meru's. So much live food to pick from for once....

Good show overall.

I picked up an 18 months old Veiled. Very nice colors. It was showcased by Jarosic Park? This is my 2nd Cham. I already have a 6 month BB panther. I was looking at the Translucent Veied from FLChams but it was too funky looking for me. Lol. I wanted an adult or sub adult panther but for $600 a little too much.

i was there. it was my first reptile show, to be honest i was kinda dissapointed with the little variety of chams! i went specifically looking for one type i knew my chances werent very high to start off with but i still had hopes. tons of snakes. looked around a couple booths and got some repashy calcium plus for $8! yay. most other booths were $11-13 so that was exciting. i saw 2 vendors with blue lobed flapnecks wich was awesome but they both had totally different prices. :confused: i was thinking about goin again tommorrow but it was kinda a let down today :( and for the fellow member who was talking about the orchids. they were expensive but so awesome!!!! that whole stand smelled sooo good.
p.s. who knew turtles were so expensive!!!

Back
Top Bottom