Pomona Reptile Show

Cool! Did you get USDA permits to ship your Schistocerca in state and across state lines? Or are you selling these under the table? Last time I talked to you you had not gotten permits yet.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

USDA doesn't have jurisdiction over what's transported within the state, so I have a permit with CDFA for all the California species. Khai handles all the out of state stuff. I get more than enough business in-state so haven't gone through the USDA permits yet, but will consider it if I have time to breed more.

Thanks for the info-- I will buy 50. haahaa I always thought ALL lubbers were toxic (but then there are so many kinds of grasshoppers and others I could not tell the difference) or I would have purchased some at the show. Darn!

WOW! he is a handsome fella.. Congrats!!!!!

Yep there are so many species its crazy :LOL:
Thanks!

USDA doesn't have jurisdiction over what's transported within the state, so I have a permit with CDFA for all the California species. Khai handles all the out of state stuff. I get more than enough business in-state so haven't gone through the USDA permits yet, but will consider it if I have time to breed more.

You are doing great things with your grasshopper colonies. However you need to get Agriculture permits to ship your agriculture pests/grasshoppers/locust instate and across state lines when they are not listed as an approved species from the USDA.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

You are doing great things with your grasshopper colonies. However you need to get Agriculture permits to ship your agriculture pests/grasshoppers/locust instate and across state lines when they are not listed as an approved species from the USDA.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Yep, I have in-state permits, but not across-state because I don't ship there at the moment, except for deregulated species. Just want to clarify you can't get USDA permits for just in state stuff. That has to be through CDFA. USDA is for interstate movement.

Yep, I have in-state permits, but not across-state because I don't ship there at the moment, except for deregulated species. Just want to clarify you can't get USDA permits for just in state stuff. That has to be through CDFA. USDA is for interstate movement.
Right. I was calling the in state permits USDA permits. They are California Department of Food and Agriculture permits. I have more than a couple of those permits.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Now go to your corners.. :LOL: (y)

LOL--- I actually learn so much with little exchanges like that. Now I have to figure how to get some of the Giant Land Nails. :unsure:

Now I have to figure how to get some of the Giant Land Nails. :unsure:

1644533009540.png

Back
Top Bottom