Polly never basks

SolidSnake1

Ive had my veiled 3 weeks today, I have my basking lamp set in the low 90's with the gradient in the 80's with a 10* drop at night but, I never have seen her bask, she always hangs on the cooler side of her enclosure or down in the middle of the foliage, she does hang on the side quite a bit looking out the window. Shes eating great !

So my question is, she doesn't seem to bask under the lamp, is this ok? Normal?

The females prefer 5°f cooler than a male. Ambient at 80-85°f, with a basking of 85-90°f tops. I had a rule of never higher than 89°f anywhere in the cage. It really made a difference. I know it sounds cooler than some people advise, but I have never had a single loss of veils due to heat or health issues. Just one baby, I accidentally squeezed in a door. Their camouflage works surprisingly well.

The females prefer 5°f cooler than a male. Ambient at 80-85°f, with a basking of 85-90°f tops. I had a rule of never higher than 89°f anywhere in the cage. It really made a difference. I know it sounds cooler than some people advise, but I have never had a single loss of veils due to heat or health issues. Just one baby, I accidentally squeezed in a door. Their camouflage works surprisingly well.

Thanks, I appreciate it:)

You guys are the best ! I adjusted her basking temp down under 90* and poof, shes now sitting under her basking light, Its amazing I say:D

Really hate cocky people, but I have to say, I probably was able to experiment more with the veils. Learned and tooked better records of dos and don'ts. It is a shame they produce toooo many kids, or I may have stayed with them. Yes, I did keep one tiny weenie little runt out of all of them. My kid would have disowned me. Always at least one veil and jax, or it is to the gallows for me. If you run into any questions you can always pm me. Some might not always agree with my techniques, but I just know what worked for me and what didn't. After close to keeping 500 veils over the past 2 years, I did learn a little.

Really hate cocky people, but I have to say, I probably was able to experiment more with the veils. Learned and tooked better records of dos and don'ts. It is a shame they produce toooo many kids, or I may have stayed with them. Yes, I did keep one tiny weenie little runt out of all of them. My kid would have disowned me. Always at least one veil and jax, or it is to the gallows for me. If you run into any questions you can always pm me. Some might not always agree with my techniques, but I just know what worked for me and what didn't. After close to keeping 500 veils over the past 2 years, I did learn a little.

Thanks so much !!!!

:)

Back
Top Bottom