pole snagging chams - no wonder the wc hate us

Ever been fishing?

I know there are fishermen around this site.

To me this is wrong and cruel. To the people doing it it is no different than fishing. So I can't really judge. I do wish collection was more humane though...

Ever been fishing?

I know there are fishermen around this site.

To me this is wrong and cruel. To the people doing it it is no different than fishing. So I can't really judge. I do wish collection was more humane though...

I think they should all be caught, they do not belong there- but like you said, I just wish it was more humane - almost all of those he could have walked up and just picked off the branch, and then toss them in a bucket full of other chams :mad: :( - I guess thats not as bad as some I have seen - ( not in person, but on tv ) they just take a big hard pole and smack them right off - and then pick them up - and yes, I love to fish - I grew up on the Maumee river :)
I know there is no 100% stress free way to get a wc cham - I think I was more bothered by the fact he puts them all in a bucket w/ each other :(

I hate to say it although I also hate the idea of throwing them into a bucket together with the history of how many people catch wild caught creatures for pets this s fairly humane. Take a look at the practice of poisoning reefs just to catch a few fish that may survive.

I also have to agree in Hawaii these are an invasive species that are destroying habitat for native species. A true reminder to be a responsible owner no matter what type of animal you may keep.

I lived in Hawaii for 3 years and was unable to even see a wild one. DARN!!

Could you imagine if all invasive species were removed form the lands they currently occupy? Native Americans would be the happiest group of humans in the U.S. :)

Could you imagine if all invasive species were removed form the lands they currently occupy? Native Americans would be the happiest group of humans in the U.S. :)

they wouldn't be here either, depending how far back you go.
neither would any armadillos, opossums, porcupines, anole or house mice.

lol ---most of what we know in the U.S. is invasive as in most of North America, including the green grass we find so pretty. Thanks for the info!:) Not sure where armadillos, opossums, originated from but they are not considered invasive in the U.S. maybe in Canada. Not sure! I wish there were more wild Chameleons living in the U.S. then we might not want them so much.. Guess it comes down to supply and demand.

Just found this -- might not be true-- The study, to be published in PLoS One on Dec. 16, shows that peradectids, a family of marsupials known from fossils mostly found in North America and Eurasia, are a sister group of all living opossums. The findings are based in part on high-resolution CT scans of a 55-million-year-old skull found in freshwater limestone from the Bighorn Basin of Wyoming.-- Heck I don't even know what it all means...

This isn't so bad.

I saw a video once of some guys catching chams in Africa, sticking each one in a little cloth bag, then toss the bag in a big box half full of others!

Poor chams at the bottom, probably die from suffication or just get squashed.

This isn't so bad.

I saw a video once of some guys catching chams in Africa, sticking each one in a little cloth bag, then toss the bag in a big box half full of others!

Poor chams at the bottom, probably die from suffication or just get squashed.

Gaaah...although disturbing I am curious ...have the link?

This guy is the man just for putting his hand in a bucket of wild caught, pissed off chams, and grabing like 4-5 at once and putting them in the cage. if they were panthers i dont think he would have much skin left.

All in all, this looks pretty humane to me. other than the bucket (yes my animals go in the same bucket during cage cleaning) of multiple chams, it seems pretty nice. They are not going in bags, they are not caught with tongs, the cage was clean...

Back
Top Bottom