poison dart frogs...

jhappe

Does anyone know a good site that sells dart frogs? Anyone own them and have pictures of them and their setups? Thanks.

Check out Dendroboard.com. They have everything including a great forum.
I have 19 frogs in 5 different tanks and 5 different species. Sorry no pictures for now. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Van

0.0.5 Powder Blues
1.2 Green and Bronze
1.1 Cholocate leuc
0.0.5 Patricia
0.0.4 citronella
1.1 Nosy Be

Which type do you recomend for my first dart frog? most interesting to watch? and can having an exo terra fogger in the enclosure cause any problems?

I highly recommend the blue dart frogs, my new favorite. They get quite large (for poison frogs), have spectacular color/pattern, and are really bold frogs. They're almost always out in the open and seem quite fearless. Mine only hop away when I get within an inch or so of them. As for ease of care, I think Dendrobates auratus, D. tinctorius/D. azureus, and D. leucomelas are all considered to be the species easiest to begin with. I mist by hand :)

i had dendrobautus eratus for 4 years just about, i gave them to a friend of mine. they were extremly easy for me to keep and cool little frogs.

i love the dendro azerus. and would reccomend them as kent said as they are fairly large for darts.

thanks for all of your help. Still no pictures though? and how much do you have to feed them? Whats the easiest food to keep?

Here's a few.

tincs005.jpg

tincs004.jpg

tincs002.jpg

tincs001.jpg

55galfrog034.jpg

55galfrog043.jpg

55galfrog021.jpg

55galfrog019.jpg

Back
Top Bottom