Plywood enclosure

Jd♂️♂️

Established Member
How does everyone feel about plywood enclosures sealed correctly with both dry lock an flex seal with three sides venntailed ? I don’t wann use pvc my area doesn’t have much to offer with pvc

You can do that. It is the same concept but you are sealing all surfaces of the wood. Including using something on the outside. Pine is the most common wood your going to have access to and you do not want the cham breathing in the VOC it puts off unsealed. You do not need to use drylock and flex seal. Flex seal works on its own. You can do it where the back and two sides are wood as well. Leaving the door and roof aluminum screen.

You can do that. It is the same concept but you are sealing all surfaces of the wood. Including using something on the outside. Pine is the most common wood your going to have access to and you do not want the cham breathing in the VOC it puts off unsealed. You do not need to use drylock and flex seal. Flex seal works on its own. You can do it where the back and two sides are wood as well. Leaving the door and roof aluminum screen.
The door is wood also with aluminum screen or iam use chicken wire

If you are wanting some very large and/or unique and custom, go for it. If you are doing it to save money, you won’t. The costs of materials wood, glue, screws, staples, screen, hinges, and maybe tools are gonna send you way over the cost of buying a commercial large screen cage (4-ft or so). Otherwise you are on the right track sealing it.
I’ve always been disappointed when go too hard into diy cages. Talk about HEAVY also!

If you are wanting some very large and/or unique and custom, go for it. If you are doing it to save money, you won’t. The costs of materials wood, glue, screws, staples, screen, hinges, and maybe tools are gonna send you way over the cost of buying a commercial large screen cage (4-ft or so). Otherwise you are on the right track sealing it.
I’ve always been disappointed when go too hard into diy cages. Talk about HEAVY also!
Oh trust me I know the coast I made dozen of these some coast me sometimes 700 but I definitely enjoy it …. The entire enclosure is outta wood door an all question why not chicken wire used it before with no issues ?

Back
Top Bottom