Plugged up nostrils?

Lothric

So I recently received a pair of veiled Chameleons from a friend and I noticed that the female wasn’t breathing properly, it looks as if there’s something stuck within her nostrils, I’m not sure if it’s their shedded skin but I feel like there’s something not letting her breath. She kinda gasps for air and makes like a clicking noise as if something’s blocking her airways, her coloration seems awful compared to male who’s more of a vibrant green, Ive had them for a few days so I’m not sure how he cared for them he couldn’t take care of them anymore and gave them to me so I’m looking for some sort of answer I’ll attach a pic and see if y’all see what I’m seeing. There’s white speck on her nose idk if that’s part of her color or dead skin or something totally different if the photos aren’t clear enough I can take better pics

Attachments

• D1CEC8B0-501D-4086-8246-1C499E3FE05E.jpeg
    D1CEC8B0-501D-4086-8246-1C499E3FE05E.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 3FBABA89-1753-44AB-A09A-F36AA194F481.jpeg
    3FBABA89-1753-44AB-A09A-F36AA194F481.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 158
Well to start you need to separate them. They should be houses seperatly without being able to see each other.

The white on her nostrils is most likely excess salts. They excrete excess salt through there nostrils.

The sounds you describe sound like a respiratory infection.

Well to start you need to separate them. They should be houses seperatly without being able to see each other.

The white on her nostrils is most likely excess salts. They excrete excess salt through there nostrils.

The sounds you describe sound like a respiratory infection.
Ordered a screen cage last night so they’ll get separated as soon as it gets here, it’s a pretty big enclosure so they have plenty of room to wonder about if there’s ever an issue between the two. Very interesting, didn’t know that, how do I go about this!? I really want them to thrive and live happy lives. Any possible way you can walk me thru this

Welcome :). It certainly sounds like she has an upper respiratory infection. I would take her to an experienced reptile vet as soon as possible, as she will need medical care and antibiotics.

If you fill out the "how to ask for help" form, experienced members can review your husbandry and ensure that your little cuties are set up for success!

Welcome :). It certainly sounds like she has an upper respiratory infection. I would take her to an experienced reptile vet as soon as possible, as she will need medical care and antibiotics.

If you fill out the "how to ask for help" form, experienced members can review your husbandry and ensure that your little cuties are set up for success!
Much appreciated, I’ll fill that out then thank you, and as far as a reptile veterinarian I’m not too sure we have that here in my town, I’ll definitely take her to the vet and see if anyone there has experience with them, I’m afraid the next vet is about 5 hours away and my busy schedule wouldn’t allow me to travel that far so I’m gonna hope for the best and hope she gets lucky with somebody trained in that field

Back
Top Bottom