Pls Help! I think he is dying or about to die

Heis is one year old and about a week or two ago I noticed he was very droopy. He was hanging his legs off his stick and just staying in the same spot of his cage. So I would spray water and he would drink it, and he would be very thirsty. So two days ago I saw him and he was so still I thought he was dead. I took him out and he was alive but I could tell something was wrong so I’m lookign for vets near me. But, yesterday and today, his eyes have been VERY shrunken in from dehydration and he has been opening his mouth (to breathe I’m suspecting) but I will put one drip of water in his mouth and he will swallow it. Then I wait a couple seconds and drop in more water. I alwayo see these bumps in his legs and after doing research I’ve concluded that they are fractures from not getting enough D3 or having a calcium deficiency. He slowly shakes his head in pain when I adjust the blanket I put on ( so the pressure is not on his little legs) I have his light with a brand new UV bulb in( I also read that it could be making him sick so I got a new one) so I have his lights and his heater so he doesn’t get cold as well. I am trying to mist a much as I can with warm water and I don’t know what else to do. And I am still looking for a Emergeny vet to help him. Pls help me or suggest what I should do to help him

Attachments

• 266F4B75-ECA8-46A0-A7C2-8DB344AAE325.jpeg
    266F4B75-ECA8-46A0-A7C2-8DB344AAE325.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 131
  • DE8A5058-52C6-4A08-8AEA-9BCA87A43CB0.jpeg
    DE8A5058-52C6-4A08-8AEA-9BCA87A43CB0.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 95
  • DBA5A69F-9DCC-40FE-A5EF-C847D7189C10.jpeg
    DBA5A69F-9DCC-40FE-A5EF-C847D7189C10.jpeg
    217.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 8938BD5F-B33E-42E4-A9A6-D545E9EBE70D.jpeg
    8938BD5F-B33E-42E4-A9A6-D545E9EBE70D.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 125
  • 9292CD5E-8E43-4868-A653-CDEDD9495555.jpeg
    9292CD5E-8E43-4868-A653-CDEDD9495555.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 120
Need to take it to vet right away. But fill this out and post it. So we can help you better but really need to take it to a vet.

Chameleon Info:

◦ Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?

◦ Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?

◦ Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?

◦ Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?

◦ Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?

◦ Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?

◦ History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

◦ Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?

◦ Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?

◦ Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?

◦ Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?

◦ Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?

◦ Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

◦ Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

1 The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.

2 Photos can be very helpful.

Last edited:
Call the nearest herp vet asap I think at this point its a bit late to do anything on your own, they'll help and maybe even give you tips to see how you can adjust your care so that this doesn't happen again.

Update: I am pretty sure he has passed, I held him in my hand the last 20 minutes and put under his neck because he loved it when I did that. He is now a very pale color and has black spreading around. I’m going to wait until he is completely black so I don’t bury him alive. I will post a photo later. But I was very attached to him and vise versa

Update: I am pretty sure he has passed, I held him in my hand the last 20 minutes and put under his neck because he loved it when I did that. He is now a very pale color and has black spreading around. I’m going to wait until he is completely black so I don’t bury him alive. I will post a photo later. But I was very attached to him and vise versa

Aww. Bless it! your sweet charm may he RIP. One of mine passed before it hurts. Almost over a year later i bought a new one he’s almost 5 months.

Back
Top Bottom