Please Pray for Ego

Ego is a gorgeous Nosy Be! I am glad to hear that he's doing better. My chameleon went through the same. It ended up being MBD in one joint. Thank God I took care of it in the beginning! He is still recovering and doing better! I hope that Ego continues to heal!

Update on Ego

Hi Ladies and Gents,

Been a long time since i posted an update about Ego.

Ego is doing well, eating and drinking well, extremely friendly and likes warm hands to warm his belly on. He has been off medication for a while now and walking about and looking around like he use to before his accident. Unfortunately that pesky wobbling is still there and affects his balance. But besides that, his 100% Ego.
Right at the bottom of his cage i've put down packaging foam and about 50cm above that i have some branches that i have glued against the cage so that he can at least exercise/improve his grip on(he cant climb higher as there is nothing for him to grip). If he had to fall, it would be nice and soft. Cage dimensions are about 1.6 meter x 800cm which gives him some space to roam around in. Will link some pictures of him and his setup soon. :)

Ego is a gorgeous Nosy Be! I am glad to hear that he's doing better. My chameleon went through the same. It ended up being MBD in one joint. Thank God I took care of it in the beginning! He is still recovering and doing better! I hope that Ego continues to heal!

Im glad your little buddy is doing better. Did he also battle with balance?

Hello,

Something similar happened to my chameleon but he passed just this week. My Ambilobe Panther was 7 years old and his spine had grown together. In the wild, chameleons with purposefully fall over which they're actually trying to suicide. Please keep on the watch out if he falls again.

Best of luck,
Richard

Hi Ladies and Gents,

Been a long time since i posted an update about Ego.

Ego is doing well, eating and drinking well, extremely friendly and likes warm hands to warm his belly on. He has been off medication for a while now and walking about and looking around like he use to before his accident. Unfortunately that pesky wobbling is still there and affects his balance. But besides that, his 100% Ego.
Right at the bottom of his cage i've put down packaging foam and about 50cm above that i have some branches that i have glued against the cage so that he can at least exercise/improve his grip on(he cant climb higher as there is nothing for him to grip). If he had to fall, it would be nice and soft. Cage dimensions are about 1.6 meter x 800cm which gives him some space to roam around in. Will link some pictures of him and his setup soon. :)

I'm glad to hear that he's doing better. :)

New to the forum and just read your thread. So glad Ego is doing better and I hope the wobbling stops as well. He's a beautiful boy.

Recovery

Just read Ego's story, I'm so glad he has made such a great recovery! I didn't know chameleons could suffer a concussion! Ego sounds like an awesome chameleon, strong and very affectionate!

Good news about Ego. I do check in just to see how he is doing. Maybe he will outgrow the wobble in time. My best to you both.

Hello,

Something similar happened to my chameleon but he passed just this week. My Ambilobe Panther was 7 years old and his spine had grown together. In the wild, chameleons with purposefully fall over which they're actually trying to suicide. Please keep on the watch out if he falls again.

Best of luck,
Richard

So sorry to hear that he passed :(. You will be in my prayers. I fear the day when my Buddy has to go. Thanks for the advice, good thing that i put quite thick layer of soft packaging foam at the bottom. I wouldn't say he is trying purposely fall over, that wobble he has does affect his balance, ill see if i can get a better video of him while he is doing his wobbly walk.

Back
Top Bottom